Whether you want to complete the shiny Pokedex or are after a particular shiny Pokemon, you’ll want to know how to increase your shiny odds in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
Every Pokemon has a shiny version, which is a different color from usual, but finding them is an extremely rare occurrence.
However, if you’re shiny hunting, you can boost your chances of catching shinies in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in a number of ways!
What is the Base Shiny Rate in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
The base shiny rate in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is 1/4096 for both wild Pokemon and Egg breeding – the standard base shiny rate in every Pokemon game.
This means that, on average, for every 4096 Pokemon you encounter in the wild or for every egg, just 1 of them will be a shiny version.
However, if you want to increase your shiny rate, there are a few ways to do it!
Alternatively, instead of catching shinies, you can trade Pokemon with another player to get some shiny Pokemon!
Of course, you will want to know how to distinguish Shiny Pokemon in Scarlet & Violet.
Every Shiny Hunting Method to Boost Shiny Odds in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Players can boost their chances of catching shiny Pokemon by unlocking the shiny charm, defeating Pokemon in a Mass Outbreak, eating a sandwich with Sparkling Power, and using the Masuda Method of breeding Pokemon.
- Unlocking the Shiny Charm
- This permanently boosts your shiny odds by 3x to 1/1365.67
- Defeating Pokemon in a Mass Outbreak
- Defeating or catching 30+ Pokemon doubles your shiny odds to 1/2048
- Defeating or catching 60+ Pokemon triples your shiny odds to 1/1365.67
- Eating a sandwich with Sparkling Power
- A sandwich with Sparkling Power Level 1 doubles your shiny odds to 1/2048
- A sandwich with Sparkling Power Level 2 triples your shiny odds to 1/1365.67
- A sandwich with Sparkling Power Level 3 quadruples your shiny odds to 1/1024.38
- Using the Masuda Method of breeding Pokemon
- This gives you 6x shiny odds, boosting the rate to 1/682.66
In addition to each of these singular boosts to the chances of encountering shiny Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet, you can also combine these methods above to increase your shiny odds even further!
How to Get the Best Shiny Odds in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To get the best shiny odds in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet – 1/512.44 – players can make two different shiny boosting combinations:
- Shiny Charm + Masuda Method = 1/512.44 shiny rate
- Shiny Charm + Level 3 Sparkling Power sandwich +defeating 60 or more Pokemon in Mass Outbreaks = 1/512.44 shiny rate
Check out the table below to see the shiny odds when you combine various shiny boosting methods in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
|Shiny Boost Method 1||Shiny Boost Method 2||Shiny Boost Method 3 (Optional)||Combined Shiny Odds|
|Shiny Charm||Mass Outbreak: Cleared 30+||1/1024.38|
|Shiny Charm||Mass Outbreak: Cleared 60+||1/819.60|
|Shiny Charm||Mass Outbreak: Cleared 30+||Sparkling Power Sandwich||1/585.57|
|Shiny Charm||Mass Outbreak: Cleared 60+||Sparkling Power Sandwich||1/512.44|
|Shiny Charm||Sparkling Power Sandwich||1/683.08|
|Mass Outbreak: Cleared 30+||Sparkling Power Sandwich||1/819.60|
|Mass Outbreak: Cleared 60+||Sparkling Power Sandwich||1/683.08|
|Shiny Charm||Masuda Method||1/512.44|
Of course, some of the most popular Pokemon to get as a shiny are the starters. Here’s how to get shiny Fuecoco, Sprigatito, and Qualxy in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!