The Dungeons under Hogwarts in Hogwarts Legacy are full of collection chests, field guide pages and secret rooms. You also need to visit the Dungeons to access the Map Chamber.
To access them:
- Travel to the Bell Tower Courtyard Floo Flame in Hogwarts.
- Head up the stairs to your left and through the door.
- Descend the next flight of stairs.
There’s a surprising amount to do and see in the Dungeons, including locating one of the elusive Demiguise Moons you’ll need to upgrade Alohomora.
Read on for detailed instructions on how to get to both the Dungeons and the Slytherin Dungeons:
Where to Find the Hogwarts Dungeons
- To locate the Hogwarts Dungeons, fast travel to the Bell Tower Courtyard Floo Flame.
- If you haven’t discovered it yet, it is inside the entrance to Hogwarts, near the Summoner’s Court matches and left of the Flying Class Lawn Floo Flame.
- Next, turn left and head up the first flight of stairs. Before going up any further, go through the door you’ll see directly ahead.
- Once through the door, head down the stairs in front of you and through the door on the right. You have reached the entrance to the Dungeons.
If you go further down into the Dungeon, you’ll find a range of Harry Potter Easter eggs, including a secret werewolf statue and hidden rooms.
You’ll also find one of the Daedalian Keys needed to complete the House chest in your Common Room as well as a sleeping dragon!
How to Find the Slytherin Dungeons
- If you’re looking for the Slytherin Dungeons, fast travel to the Lower Grand Staircase Floo Flame.
- If you haven’t unlocked that Floo Flame yet, head to the Grand Staircase and go to the very bottom and through the door at the end.
- Next, head straight down the stairs, and you’ll have arrived in the Slytherin Dungeons.
- If you’re a Slytherin student, you’ll see your Common Room entrance ahead of you. If you’re not, all you’ll see is a blank wall.
An alternate route to accessing the Slytherin Dungeon is through the Entrance Hall.
- To get to the Entrance Hall, fast travel to The Great Hall Floo Flame, leave the Great Hall, and head to the House Points area. Once there, go through the door opposite the Great Hall.
- After going through that door, go down the stairs to the left, and then when you’re at the bottom, turn left.
- Head through the door past the boar statue and then go all the way down the stairs, and you’ll be in the Slytherin Dungeon.
You’ll need to visit the Slytherin Dungeon to unlock some of the Unforgivable Curses in Hogwarts Legacy. There are also a handful of field guide pages to collect down there.