If you were hoping to find Link’s stylish Soldier’s Armor set in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you’re in luck!
The iconic bulky Soldier’s Armor set is easy to find and can be accessed very early on. While it doesn’t have any unique abilities, its high armor rating makes it perfect for beginners!
To get your hands on this shiny armor set, you will need to head to the Royal Hidden Passage that runs beneath Hyrule Castle. Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through the entire process to help you locate it.
Soldier’s Greaves Location TOTK
Like the rest of the Soldier’s Armor set, the Soldier’s Greaves is located in the Royal Hidden Passage in a hidden chamber close to the Horned Statue.
You can access the Royal Hidden Passage either through the Emergency Shelter in Lookout Landing (located directly in the middle of the village) or via the Observation Room in Hyrule Castle.
The easiest way is via the Emergency Shelter in Lookout Landing, as it avoids fighting challenging enemies and cuts out a significant part of the route.
Here is the full guide on how to locate it:
- From the Emergency Shelter entrance to the Royal Hidden Passage, head down the left path (not the one with the Horned Statue.)
- The Emergency Shelter entrance only opens once you complete any of the Regional Phenomena Temples. If it hasn’t opened for you, there is an alternative route you can take.
- Keeping going down that path, breaking through the rocks as you go.
- At the next fork in the road, take the left path that leads into a chamber with a Like Like enemy.
- The righthand path contains three flint rocks.
- In the next chamber, defeat the Like Like to get an item (in our case, a Traveler’s Shield) and Like Like Stone.
- Next, use the Ascend ability to jump to the platform from which the Like Like was hanging.
- Continue down the path, breaking the rocks as you go, until you reach another fork in the road with a big pile of rocks on the left and blue rocks ahead of you.
- Be careful; there are lots of bomb flowers in this area that, if you hit with your weapon, will explode.
- Break through the big pile of rocks on the left to reveal a hidden entrance.
- Head through it and turn into the room on the left.
- Defeat the Like Like in there and then open the chest behind it.
- Inside are the Soldier’s Greaves.
The Soldier’s Greaves have a base armor rating of 4, making it one of the stronger pieces of leg armor you can get early on in TOTK.
Of course, you can make it even better by upgrading it through the Great Fairy Fountains, so long as you know where to find them.
Soldier’s Helm Location TOTK
The second piece of the Soldier’s Armor set, the Soldier’s Helm, is located near the river and Stalnox in the Royal Hidden Passage in Tears of the Kingdom.
Here are the full instructions on how to locate it:
- Head out of the room where you found the Soldier’s Greaves and through the blue rocks.
- Run along the bridge and down the path until you reach another fork in the road.
- Turn right (instead of left through the blue rocks) and into the water.
- Swim forward a bit and then head left until you reach land.
- You will see a giant pile of rocks on this island. Ignore it unless you want to fight the challenging Stalnox boss enemy.
- Look to your right, and you will see rocks blocking an entrance across the water.
- Climb onto the rock to the left of the entrance.
- Then, jump, glide over to the rocks, and attack while in the air.
- This should destroy enough of the rocks to let you stand next to them and destroy the rest.
- Bomb flowers don’t seem to work against it strangely. So, this seems to be the only tactic that works.
- Defeat the Ice Like Like in the room to the left.
- There is a chest to the left of where it was hanging.
- Open it to unlock the Soldier’s Helm.
Like the rest of the Soldier’s Armor set, the Soldier’s Helm has a base armor rating of 4. This puts it inline with the Royal Guard Cap from the Royal Guard Armor set.
Soldier’s Armor Location TOTK
The final piece of the Soldier’s Armor set, the Soldier’s Armor itself, is located in a hidden chamber close to the Observation Room entrance to the Royal Hidden Passage in TOTK.
Here is the complete guide on how to find it:
- Head out of the room where you found the Soldier’s Helm and back into the water.
- Turn to your right and go towards the blue rocks.
- Break through them and carry on.
- You’ll find another large pile of rocks covering another entrance.
- Break them and head into the chamber.
- Defeat the Stalkoblins, turn to the right, and head into the corner room with the boulder.
- Use Ultrahand to move the boulder and drop down into the tunnel below.
- Head along the tunnel and use your Ascend ability at the end.
- You’ll ascend into the room behind the closed gate.
- Defeat the Stalkoblin in there and then loot the chest.
- Inside is the Soldier’s Armor.
The final piece of the Soldier’s Armor set, the Soldier’s Armor, has a base armor rating of 4. It doesn’t have any unique abilities but offers good defense in the early portion of TOTK.