The Sun Stone is an evolution item that everyone will want to have on Pokemon GO Oddish Research Day – here’s how you can get one during the event!
As you need a Sun Stone to evolve Gloom into Bellossom, it will be very sought after during the Oddish Research Day event on September 17, 2023.
Fortunately, there will be an additional way to get Sun Stones during this event, so you can evolve Gloom into Bellossom much more easily.
How to Get a Sun Stone on Pokemon GO Oddish Research Day
There are two ways to get a Sun Stone during the Pokemon GO Oddish Research Day event:
- Catch an Oddish that is holding a Sun Stone
- It is random whether any Oddish you encounter will have one
- Spin a PokeStop for a very low chance of getting a Sun Stone
- This is around a 1% drop rate
Pokemon GO Oddish Research Day is taking place from 2 PM to 5 PM local time on September 17, 2023, and Oddish will only have a chance of holding a Sun Stone during this time.
After Oddish Research Day concludes, you will have to get a Sun Stone using one of these methods:
- Spin a PokeStop or Gym until you get a Sun Stone
- The drop rate is 1%
- Hope that the Evolution Item you get from your 7-day PokeStop spin streak is a Sun Stone
- Wait until more Research awarding a Sun Stone arrives in the game
- This usually coincides with an event featuring a Pokemon that evolves using this Evolution Item
If you were lucky enough to get a Sun Stone, you can use them in five different evolutions!
Every Pokemon That Requires a Sun Stone to Evolve
There are five Pokemon which can use a Sun Stone to Evolve in Pokemon GO:
|Cottonee → Whimsicott
|50 Cottonee Candy + Sun Stone
|Gloom → Bellossom
|100 Oddish Candy + Sun Stone
|Helioptile → Heliolisk
|50 Helioptile Candy + Sun Stone
|Petilil → Lilligant
|50 Petilil Candy + Sun Stone
|Sunkern → Sunflora
|50 Sunkern Candy + Sun Stone
Good luck finding a Sun Stone in Pokemon GO so you can evolve any of these Pokemon!