Scatterbug and its evolutions, Spewpa and Vivillon, have finally made their Pokemon GO debuts – here’s how you can get them!
Every Pokemon GO player wants to complete the Pokedex, but with so many new Pokemon coming to the game, it’s sometimes hard to keep up.
This is especially the case with Scatterbug, and its evolutions, as catching on can be quite a challenge. What’s more, it can evolve into 18 different patterns of Vivillon, meaning you’ll have to repeat this process plenty of times to get them all!
How to Catch Scatterbug in Pokemon GO
Once you have collected enough postcards from a certain habitat, you can go into the Vivillon Collector Medal Menu and get an encounter with a Scatterbug from that habitat.
- First, you need to find out how to collect and pin postcards in Pokemon GO
- Continue collecting postcards until you have enough to give you an encounter with a Scatterbug from a certain habitat
- To encounter a Scatterbug from a certain habitat the first time, you need three postcards from that habitat
- The number of postcards you need to collect to get another Scatterbug from a habitat you’ve already caught one from increases after each encounter
- Once you have collected enough postcards, you’ll need to go to the Vivillon Collector Medal menu to get a Scatterbug encounter:
- Press your trainer icon in the bottom left of the map screen
- Scroll down to medals
- Press the Vivillon Collector Medal to get into this menu
- In the Vivillon Collector Medal Menu, click the encounter button (the white circle with an orange question mark), and you will be able to catch a Scatterbug from a certain habitat
- You can also use the Vivillon Collector Medal Menu to track your postcard-collecting progress for each of the 18 habitats
Once you’ve caught a Scatterbug, you’ll also want to evolve it. Luckily, the Scatterbug evolution method is much more simple than how you catch one!
Also, find out the fastest way to earn PokeCoins in Pokemon GO so you can buy Pokemon Storage upgrades to fit all of these new Pokemon!
How to Evolve Scatterbug into Spewpa in Pokemon GO
To evolve Scatterbug into Spewpa in Pokemon GO, you need to spend 25 Scatterbug Candy and press the Evolve button.
Spewpa is its mid-stage evolution, so you will still want to earn more Candy to evolve it into Vivillon too.
Here’s how to boost the Candy you earn in Pokemon GO so you can evolve it as soon as possible!
How to Evolve Spewpa into Vivillon in Pokemon GO
To evolve Spewpa into Vivillon in Pokemon GO, you need to use 100 Scatterbug Candy and press the Evolve button.
The pattern of Vivillon it evolves into depends on which of the 18 habitats the Scatterbug you first evolved into Spewpa came from.
If you thought getting all of the different versions of Vivillon was tough, try catching all of the region-exclusive Pokemon in Pokemon GO!