If you’re looking to earn PokeCoins fast in Pokemon GO, here’s everything you need to know:
PokeCoins are necessary for a variety of features in Pokemon GO. While the game is primarily a free-to-play title, those who pay have always had an advantage over those who don’t.
Thankfully, players can obtain PokeCoins without spending a penny, letting them utilize the game’s Shop after saving up for quite some time.
What Are PokeCoins Used For in Pokemon GO?
Although you won’t need any PokeCoins to catch, transfer, trade, or battle Pokemon, they certainly come in handy.
This premium currency is used in the Pokemon GO Shop to purchase:
- Item Bag Expansion
- Pokemon Storage Expansion
- Team Medallion
- Raid Passes (& Remote Raid Passes)
- Egg Incubators
- Rocket Radars
- Star Pieces
- Lure Modules
- More easy to find resources like Poke Balls or Potions.
Without coins, you’ll have a very tough time in Pokemon GO. Here’s how you get your hands on Pokemon GO’s PokeCoins as fast as possible.
Read More: Pokemon GO: How to Search For Pokemon Using IV Filter
How to Get PokeCoins in Pokemon GO
PokeCoins can be obtained by either purchasing them with real money or by placing your Pokemon in Gyms.
Spending Real Money
- Head to the Pokemon GO Shop.
- Scroll down to the bottom where you’ll find a PokeCoins section.
- Select the coin bundle you’re willing to pay real money for and purchase it.
Placing Pokemon in Gyms
To earn PokeCoins for free in Pokemon GO, players can use Gyms.
- Find a suitable Gym.
- If it’s not your team’s color, battle the enemy Pokemon until it’s empty.
- Then, if there’s, place one of your Pokemon in the Gym. Up to 6 Pokemon from different players can be in a Gym at one time.
- You’ll earn PokeCoins when your Pokemon gets knocked out of a Gym, based on how long it was there.
Read More: Pokemon GO Update Makes Remote Raid Passes Much Harder to Get
For every 10 minutes that your Pokemon was in control of a Gym, you can early 1 PokeCoin. As such, you’ll earn 6 coins per hour, up to a maximum of 50 per day.
Therefore, a Pokemon must sit in a Gym for 8 hours and 20 mins to earn the maximum amount of coins.
However, your payout of up to 50 PokeCoins will only arrive when your Pokemon leaves the Gym. There’s no way to manually remove the Pokemon from its location, and you’ll have to rely on other players to kick it out.
Fastest Method to Get Free PokeCoins in Pokemon GO
- Spread your Pokemon out in as many Gyms as possible. You can have up to 20 Pokemon in Gyms at one time, as long as they’re different locations. Even if multiple ‘mons leave a Gym in a single day, you won’t earn more than 50 coins though.
- If you’ve already earned 50 PokeCoins today, try feeding berries to your other active Gyms to keep them alive until tomorrow.
- Use some of Pokemon GO’s best Gym defender Pokemon in popular Gyms, to ensure you give enemy trainers a tough fight. However, in rural or inactive Gyms, definitely don’t leave a Pokemon behind that you’ll miss as it might be gone for a long time!
- You should also pay attention to typings when placing your Pokemon in each Gym. If the Gym already has a strong Fire-type in there, consider placing a different type, one that can cover that Pokemon’s weakness.
While you’re at it, check out our ultimate guide to getting XL Candy fast in Pokemon GO!
Good luck earning as many PokeCoins as you can. If you want to catch all of the Legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts in Pokemon GO, you’ll need