To get the Platinum Kanto Medal in Pokemon GO, you must catch all of the Pokemon with Pokedex entries #001 to #151. These are all of the Pokemon originally found in the Kanto region.
While most of these are pretty easy to find, there are a few Legendary and region-exclusive Pokemon that make getting this medal pretty challenging.
Below, we have listed the Pokemon from the Kanto Pokedex that are hardest to catch in Pokemon GO, as well as how you can get them:
Hard-to-Catch Kanto Pokemon in Pokemon GO & How to Get Them
Kanto Legendary Pokemon
- Articuno (#144)
- Zapdos (#1450
- Moltres (#146)
- Mewtwo (#150)
All of these Pokemon can only be caught by defeating them in 5-Star Raids. However, you may have to wait a while for them to come back into the Raid rotation.
Kanto Region-Exclusive Pokemon
- Farfetch’d (#083) – Only spawns in East Asia
- Kangaskhan (#105) – Only spawns in Australia
- Mr. Mime (#122) – Only spawns in Europe
- Tauros (#128) – Only spawns in North America and Canada
Other than actually visiting different parts of the world to catch all of the region-exclusive Pokemon or trading for them, they will sometime appear worldwide in certain events.
Usually, the annual Pokemon GO Fest events every Summer have a few regional Pokemon spawning worldwide. Definitely don’t miss them if you’re after some region-exclusive Pokemon!
Other Rare Kanto Pokemon
- Ditto (#132) – Catching a Pokemon that Ditto is disguising itself as
- These are all of the current Ditto disguises in Pokemon GO, so you can track down Ditto easily!
- Mew (#151) – Completing the A Mythical Discovery Special Research Story
- You will get this once you reach level 15 in Pokemon GO
Now that you know how to get the Platinum Kanto Medal and catch the rarest Kanto Pokemon, it’s only a matter of time before you earn it!