As a response to player feedback, Microsoft has decided to implement an entirely new Xbox Home Dashboard to change things up and improve user experience.
After having the same Home Dashboard for a number of years, Microsoft is finally launching a refreshed version across the Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
It is intended to help with discovering new games and allows you to customize your Home Screen the way you like it. The new Home Dashboard is releasing gradually to all players and is rolling out in phases over the coming weeks.
Below, we go over all the newly implemented changes to the Xbox Home Dashboard and how you can get it.
How to Change to the New Xbox Home Dashboard
To get the new Xbox Dashboard, you’ll need to update your Xbox, though you need to first check to see if it’s available on your console. This is because the new Home Screen is being released in phases.
Alternatively, if you can’t access it yet, you can sign up for the Xbox Insiders Program to get an Early-Access preview of the new Dashboard.
Some will have access to the new Dashboard immediately, while others will have to wait a few weeks for the option to change.
To check to see if you have access to the new Xbox Dashboard, follow these steps:
- Head into “Settings” from the Xbox Home Screen
- Select “System”
- Select “Updates”
- If an update is available, you will be able to select “Update Console”
- Select “Start Update” to download it
- Once downloaded and installed, you can enjoy the new Xbox Dashboard!
It’s important to note that if you have automatic updates turned on, you’ll likely get the new Xbox Dashboard automatically after the update has been installed in the background.
Xbox Insiders Program
If you can’t wait for the gradual rollout, you can get instant early access to the new Xbox Home Screen by signing up for the Xbox Insiders Program.
Follow these steps to get the new Xbox Dashboard by joining the Xbox Insiders Program:
- Open the Microsoft Store and search for “Xbox Insider”
- Download and install the Xbox Insider App
- Launch the Xbox Insider App on your console
- Select “Preview” in the sidebar
- Under the “Available” section, click on “Xbox Insider Preview”
- Select “Join” on the info page
- It will give you the option to choose between two Preview Groups – pick one
- Xbox Update Preview Delta – receive builds and new features with fewer updates
- Xbox Update Preview Omega – receive builds and new features before they are released to the public
- Click “Continue” to enroll in the program
- You have to wait for it to process – it can take up to an hour
- Go through the previous steps to update your console to get the new Xbox Dashboard
Joining the Xbox Insiders Program may result in a higher instance of bugs and stability issues.
For those that don’t want to experience potential bugs, you may want to hold off and wait for the new Xbox Dashboard to roll out over the coming weeks.
What is the New Xbox Home Dashboard?
The New Xbox Home Dashboard is an update for the Home Screen on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. It has a revamped visual design, includes better customization options, and improves upon the user experience.
Here’s everything included in the New Xbox Home Dashboard:
- A quick access menu at the top of the Home screen, making it easier to access Settings, the Microsoft Store, and Game Pass
- A more simplified layout, creating more space for your personalized background
- Option to change the background to the game you’re highlighting in the recently played list
- Improvements to Game Discovery – more personalized
- More customization options – can pin your favorite games and apps to the Home Screen
- Better “Friends & Community Updates” section
- “Watch & Listen” spotlight – shows what media, content, and entertainment apps are available to you