Getting the Nasty Plot TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet can be tricky but well worth it if your strategy depends on raising Special Attack.
Nasty Plot is a Dark-Type move that a variety of Pokemon can learn in Scarlet and Violet. After using this move, the Sp. Atk. of the user will increase by two stages.
This move can be a game-changer during competitive matches and a great addition to your strategy if your mons have attacks that could benefit from this stat boost.
However, finding the Nasty Plot TM can be a bit complicated, as there are only a few methods to get it in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Where to Find the Nasty Plot TM in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
You can find the Nasty Plot TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet on a cliff nearby Research Station No. 2 in Area Zero
Additionally, you can receive it from Ms. Raifort by completing all history lessons and catching all four Treasures of Ruin, also known as the Ruinous Quartet.
Find Nasty Plot TM on Area Zero
- First, get to Area Zero by fast traveling to the Zero Gate in the crater in the middle of the map. This location is reachable after completing all three main storylines in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
- Once at Area Zero, follow the main path to reach Research Station No. 2. If you have been in this area before, you can go inside the Zero Gate and fast-travel instead.
- Climb the small cliff behind Research Station No. 2 using Koraidon or Miraidon. Once on the cliff, you can see the green glowing Pokeball containing the TM on a rock to the left.
- Jump to get to the upper area with the rock, and here you can get the Nasty Plot TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Get Nasty Plot TM From Ms. Raifort at the Academy in Mesagoza
- Fast travel to the Uva/Naranja Academy. You can take Ms. Raifort’s History Class by speaking with the lady at the front desk of the academy and selecting “History.”
- If this is your first time in this class, you will need to complete the Midterm and Final exams of this class. Here are all the answers for the History class and exams if you need them!
- After completing all the questions and exams of the History class, you will need to collect all the Ominous Stakes in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
- Once you have all stakes, you will need to visit each of the Shrines in Paldea and catch all of the Treasures of Ruin Pokemon.
- Once you successfully catch all of the Treasures of Ruin, fast-travel to the Academy in Mesagoza and speak with Ms. Raifort in the Staff Room. She will give you the Nasty Plot TM for completing these tasks in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
What Pokemon Can Learn Nasty Plot
The following Pokemon can learn Nasty Plot in Scarlet and Violet
|Chi-Yu||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 35)|
|Croagunk||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 40)|
|Deino||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 56)|
|Drowzee||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 41)|
|Farigiraf||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 46)|
|Gholdengo||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 63)|
|Gimmighoul (Chest Form)||TM|
|Girafarig||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 46)|
|Grimmsnarl||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 40)|
|Honchkrow||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 35)|
|Houndour||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 52)|
|Hydreigon||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 60)|
|Hypno||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 47)|
|Impidimp||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 36)|
|Meowth||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 40)|
|Morgrem||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 40)|
|Oranguru||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 30)|
|Persian||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 48)|
|Pichu||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 16)|
|Polteageist||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 42)|
|Salandit||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 25)|
|Salazzle||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 25)|
|Sinistea||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 42)|
|Spiritomb||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 20)|
|Tatsugiri||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 43)|
|Toxicroak||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 42)|
|Weavile||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 48)|
|Zoroark||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 52)|
|Zorua||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 44)|
|Zweilous||TM, Leveling Up (LVL 60)|
What is Nasty Plot in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Nasty Plot is a Dark-Type Status attack that increases the user’s Special Attack by two stages in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. In-game, it can also be acquired and crafted as TM140.
In this entry in the Pokemon games, Nasty Plot’s description states: The user stimulates its brain by thinking bad thoughts. This sharply boosts the user’s Sp. Atk stat.
- This move does not make contact
- These moves do not affect Nasty Plot
- Magic Coat
- Mirror Move
- Snatch does affect Nasty Plot
- King’s Rock does not affect Nasty Plot
- When used in Double Battles, Nasty Plot only affects the user of the move
How Can I Craft the Nasty Plot TM
Once you get the Nasty Plot TM, you can craft additional copies at any Pokemon Center using the TM Machine. To craft this TM, you will need the following materials:
- 3 Meowth Fur
- 3 Spiritomb Fragments
- 3 Tatsugiri Scales
- 5000 LP
Follow these steps to craft the Nasty Plot TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
- Go to the nearest Pokemon Center and interact with the green TM Machine next to the red healing station by pressing the A button.
- Select the “I want a TM made” option.
- Look for Nasty Plot TM140 and select it on the list.
- Proceed to enter how many TM copies you want.
- Confirm by selecting “Yes.”
- Once done, the Nasty Plot TMs you made will be accessible in the TMs section of your Bag.