The Iron Defense TM can be found in four areas in Paldea, serving as an excellent Status move for competitive or Tera Raid strategies.
Iron Defense is a Steel-Type Status move that grants the user a considerable Defense stat boost. It can be an essential part of some strategies in competitive matches and during raids.
When successfully used at the start of a battle, it can grant you good immunity to Physical attacks, allowing you to develop a more complex strategy without worrying too much about your HP.
If you want to add this TM to your strategy, you can find Iron Defense in four locations in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
Where to Find the Iron Defense TM in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet – Map & Location
You can find an Iron Defense TM in Scarlet and Violet east of East Province (Area Three), west of the Great Crater of Paldea, east of South Province (Area Three), and on a cliff’s edge northeast of Montenevera.
- East of the East Province (Area Three) Pokemon Center – You can find this Iron Defense TM in Scarlet and Violet on a small digging area east of the East Province (Area Three) fast-traveling point.
- West Edge of the Great Crater of Paldea – You can find this Iron Defense TM south of the Zapapico (West) fast-travel point on the western edge of the Great Crater of Paldea.
- East of the South Province (Area Three) Pokemon Center – This Iron Defense TM is located on a small elevated plateau east of the South Province (Area Three) fast-travel point, also reachable by traveling west from the Artazon (West) fast-travel point.
- Cliff’s Edge Northeast from Montenevera – You can get this Iron Defense TM on the cliff’s edge northeast of Montenevera.
What Pokemon Can Learn Iron Defense
The following Pokemon can learn Iron Defense in Scarlet and Violet:
|Appletun||TM, Learns at LVL 36|
|Avalugg||TM, Learns at LVL 27|
|Bergmite||TM, Learns at LVL 27|
|Bisharp||TM, Learns at LVL 45|
|Bronzong||TM, Learns at LVL 38|
|Bronzor||TM, Learns at LVL 36|
|Copperajah||Learns at LVL 25|
|Crabominable||TM, Learns at LVL 42|
|Crabrawler||TM, Learns at LVL 42|
|Cufant||TM, Learns at LVL 25|
|Falinks||TM, Learns at LVL 45|
|Flapple||TM, Learns at LVL 36|
|Forretress||TM, Learns at LVL 42|
|Iron Thorns||TM, Default|
|Kingambit||TM, Learns at LVL 45|
|Klawf||TM, Learns at LVL 51|
|Lycanroc (Dusk Form)||TM|
|Lycanroc (Midday Form)||TM|
|Lycanroc (Midnight Form)||TM|
|Mudbray||TM, Learns at LVL 4|
|Nacli||TM, Learns at LVL 20|
|Naclstack||TM, Learns at LVL 20|
|Orthworm||TM, Learns at LVL 38|
|Palossand||TM, Learns at LVL 40|
|Pawniard||TM, Learns at LVL 45|
|Pineco||TM, Learns at LVL 39|
|Sandygast||TM, Learns at LVL 40|
|Scizor||TM, Learns at LVL 32|
|Shellder||TM, Learns at LVL 36|
|Torkoal||TM, Learns at LVL 36|
What is Iron Defense in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Iron Defense is a Steel-Type non-damaging Status move in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet that raises the user’s Defense stat by two stages. In the game, it can be acquired and crafted as TM104.
In-game, this move has the following description: The user hardens its body’s surface like iron, sharply boosting its Defense stat.
- This move has 15 PP with a possible max of 24 PP
- Iron Defense is not an offensive move and therefore does not make contact
- These moves do not affect Iron Defense
- Magic Coat
- Mirror Move
- Snatch does affect Iron Defense
- King’s Rock does not affect Iron Defense
How Can I Craft the Iron Defense TM
Once you obtain the Iron Defense TM104 in Scarlet and Violet, you can craft additional copies at any Pokemon Center using the TM Machine on the left. To craft it, you will need the following materials:
- 1500 LP*
- 3 Bronzor Fragments
- 3 Pineco Husks
*Pro-Tip: If you do not have enough League Points (LP), you can participate in Tera Raids or exchange materials for LP using the TM Machines to get them.
Follow these steps to craft a copy of the Iron Defense TM in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
- Go to the nearest Pokemon Center and interact with the green TM Machine next to the red healing station by pressing the A button.
- Select the “I want a TM made” option.
- Navigate the list and look for Iron Defense TM104 and select it on the list.
- Proceed to enter how many TM copies you want.
- Confirm by selecting “Yes.”
- Once done, the Iron Defense TMs you made will be accessible in the TMs section of your Bag.