The Trailblazer is the main character of Honkai: Star Rail and a unit that you’ll need to use to traverse through the story.
When you first use the Trailblazer, you’ll only have the Physical element tied to the Destruction path. But as you progress through the story, you’ll unlock other versions of the Trailblazer.
The Preservation Fire element Trailblazer is the first alternate version you obtain, and a powerful Tank at that.
How to Unlock Trailblazer (Fire) in Honkai Star Rail
To unlock the Trailblazer’s Fire type and Preservation Path, players need to complete the Trailblazer Mission, “Roads to the Past Have Been Closed.”
You will know that you are nearing the mission after you manage to return to the Overworld and meet Serval.
During this mission players will get to use a trial version of the Trailblazer (Fire) with boosted stats to help them overcome the epic boss battle with Cocolia.
After defeating the boss, players will unlock full access to the Fire Trailblazer and can begin to change its build. This unit is considered one of the best characters in the Honkai Star Rail Tier List.
The fire version of the Trailblazer is also more reliable due to the ability to Tank. Since it functions more as a support, you’ll need to make sure you have a heavy damage dealer like Seele to fight the more powerful enemies in Honkai Star Rail.
When you pair the Fire Trailblazer with characters like Dan Heng, Pela, and Asta it could really increase the overall damage output of your team.
You could also group him up with March 7th to create the ultimate Fire and Ice combo.
How to Switch Paths
Players can freely switch to the main character’s Fire type in Honkai Star Rail by choosing the “Switch” button on the bottom right section of the Trailblazer in Character menu.
Once you reach this menu, you will see both Destruction (Physical) and Preservation (Fire) Paths. Choose the one you want to equip.
The level of your Trailblazer will carry between Physical and Fire Trailblazer, but the Eidolon and Traces are all different.
Thankfully, it’s well worth the grind because Trailblazer (Fire) is a huge step-up from Trailblazer (Physical).
The Trailblazer is the only character in Honkai: Star Rail with this sort of option to change between Paths.
Fire Trailblazer Skills & Ascension Materials
Here are all the Trailblazer (Fire) abilities and the Ascension Materials that you will need to ascend it to higher levels:
- Basic Attack – Ice Breaking Light
- Deals Fire DMG equal to 50% of the Trailblazer’s ATK to a single enemy.
- Gains 1 stack of Magma Will.
- Skill – Ever-Burning Amber
- Increases the Trailblazer’s DMG Reduction by 40%.
- Gains 1 stack of Magma Will, with a 100% base chance to increase the likelihood of being attacked by all enemies for 1 turn.
- Ultimate – War-Flaming Lance
- Deals Fire DMG equal to 50% of the Trailblazer’s ATK plus 75% of their DEF to all enemies. The next Basic ATK will be automatically Enhanced and cost no Magma Will.
- Talent – Treasure of the Architects
- Each time the Trailbazer is hit, they gain 1 stack of Magma Will (Max 8 stacks). At 4 or more stacks, the Trailbazer’s Basic ATK becomes Enhanced, dealing DMG to a single enemy and adjacent enemies. When the Trailblazer uses Basic ATK, Skill, or Ultimate, apply a Shield to all allies that absorbs DMG equal to 4.8% of the Trailblazer’s DEF +16. The shield lasts for 2 turn(s).
- Technique – Call of the Guardian
- At the start of the next battle, gains a Shield that blocks DMG equal to 50% of the Trailblazer’s DEF +160 for 1 turn(s).
- Ascension Materials
- Thief’s Instinct (16)
- Usurper’s Scheme (15)
- Conqueror’s Will (10)
- Enigmatic Ecostella (28)
- Credits (246,400)
But if you really want to make the most of the Trailblazer (Fire), you’ll need to obtain Relics that can boost his defensive skills.