The Carian Retaliation is the latest Ash of War in Elden Ring that players can use to instill massive magic damage during boss fights.
Elden Ring boss fights can be a grueling ordeal without the proper equipment. Enemies like Starscrouge Radahn have massive health pools and deadly attacks.
So if you can’t deal enough damage, you might end up depleting all your flasks before you can defeat them.
With the Carian Retaliation, you’ll be able to decimate any boss’s health bar completely.
Need better armor? The Tree Sentinel Armor can be obtained without fighting any bosses!
- Edited Carian Retaliation's location information for accuracy
- Changed effectiveness information taking into consideration the Update 1.04 Carian Retaliation nerf
Where to Get Carian Retaliation in Elden Ring Location + Map
You’ll be able to find the Carian Retaliation Ash of War in the Caria Manor on the northwestern side of Lirunia of the Lakes. This area is only accessible after defeating Royal Knight Loretta.
Follow these steps to find the Carian Retaliation Ash of War in the Caria Manor:
- Start from the Royal Moongazing Grounds Site of Grace. This Grace is accessible after defeating Royal Knight Loretta in the Caria Manor.
- Exit towards the outer area of the Caria Manor, and you should find yourself in the location where you find Ranni’s Rise.
- From Ranni’s Rise, head east to the cliff ledge that oversees the Caria Manor rooftops. From here, drop to the platform below.
- Make your way down, and here you will see a hole in the roof with a ladder. Make your way down.
- You’ll find Pidia here. Talk to them, and you’ll be able to purchase the Carian Retaliation Art of War for 3000 Runes.
Read More: Elden Ring: Where to Get Golden Vow Incantation & Ash of War – Location & Map
How to Get Massive Magic Damage with Carian Retaliation
To inflict a considerable amount of magic damage with the Carian Retaliation, you’ll need to use the Wraith Calling Bell to activate its ability without the need for enemy attacks.
- To inflict the most damage, you’ll need to get the Wraith Calling Bell from the underground passage in Laskyar Ruins. The ruins are northwest of the Liurnia Lake Shore Site of Grace.
- Once you’ve acquired the Wraith Calling Bell, apply the Carian Retaliation Ash on War on your choice of shield, and you’re ready to do OP damage.
- Activate the Wraith Calling Bell and follow up with the Carian Retaliation to activate your Ash of War ability.
- This will make it so that the spirit you summon with the Wraith Calling Bell triggers the Carian Retaliation, casting three Glinstone swords around you.
- If all three of these Glinstone swords hit the boss or enemy, they can inflict a considerable amount of damage.
This includes late-game bosses like Godfrey, First Elden Lord Hoarah Loux.
If you’re still struggling, you might want to check out the Vampire Build. It allows you to do massive amounts of bleed damage while healing yourself!
And if you’re looking for stat-specific weapons, check out some of our guides:
- Faith Build – Best FAI Weapons
- Dexterity Build – Best DEX Weapons
- Strength Build – Best STR Weapons
- Intelligence Build – Best INT Weapons
Finally, if you need a new PVP weapon, the Urumi Whip and Hoslow’s Petal Whip might be what wins you your next duel!
Friday 1st of April 2022
You are promoting an exploit, go away.
Friday 25th of March 2022
Tuesday 29th of March 2022
It's truly cancer