If you’re looking to share your games with a friend, the process is still possible on the PS5. However, figuring out how to Gameshare on the PS5 is not the easiest of tasks.
On the PlayStation 4, players could freely share games with their friends, even if a title was purchased digitally. Thankfully, that fan-favorite feature is making its return once again with the PS5.
If you’ve got a friend with the PS5, or you have two accounts in your household, it’s easier than ever to share games between the systems. But there are a few steps you’ll have to follow to enable Gameshare.
How to Share Games on PlayStation 5
According to users online, setting up Gameshare is much easier on the PS5 than on the PS4. However, the process has now been re-named to Console Sharing and Offline Play.
Here’s a quick guide to get your PS5 Gameshare all set-up. Follow these steps, and you’ll be sharing PlayStation 5 games with friends in no time:
- Make sure your PS5 is signed in to the PlayStation Network
- From the Dashboard, go to settings in the top right of the menu
- Press X, and then Select Users and Accounts
- Scroll down to Other
- Choose the top option, which should be Console Sharing and Offline Play
- Make sure the setting is disabled
- Next, log out on your console and log back in (with your account) on the PS5 you want to Gameshare with. This will mean making a new user profile
- Head back to the Console Sharing and Offline Play setting and make sure the setting is enabled
- Below Console Sharing and Offline Play, hit Restore Licenses
- Log out of your account on this console
It’s a little bit of a confusing process, but now your game library should be active on the second console. These titles can be freely played, and the feature also reportedly works for any subscriptions you have active too.
If you want to play the games that are active in your friend’s library, simply flip the roles and begin the process again. This video by YouTuber Octorious will show you all the steps you need to take.
New PS5 owner? Don’t miss these handy guides to make the most of your new console:
- How to Close Down A Game on PS5
- How to Speed Up Downloads on PS5
- Is It Best to Set Up Your PS5 Vertically or Horizontally?
- How to See Your Game Time Played on PlayStation 5
- How to Make Sure your PS5 is Running at 4K, 120 FPS
- PS5 Error Codes Explained: How to Fix Them and What They Mean
- How to Change NAT Type on PlayStation 5 for Better Connection
- How to Turn Off Your PlayStation 5 Console