To follow Rowland Oakes’ map in Hogwarts Legacy, you must leave his camp through the entrance and then head to the right along the river.
You will need to follow the river past the rock formation, crooked tree, and crumbling tower, in that order, before you reach Korrow Ruins, where Rowland Oakes is being held.
You can also use your broom to follow the river down to the Korrow Ruins Floo Flame, which is located to the left of the Korrow Ruins entrance. This will make traveling back and forth much easier.
Getting through the Korrow Ruins is tough as it is filled with a number of Goblins. Fortunately, if you get stuck, there are plenty of other side quests in Hogwarts Legacy that will reward you with powerful loot to help you take on these Goblins.
Of course, if you need a full and comprehensive breakdown of how to complete The Tale of Rowland Oakes quest in Hogwarts Legacy, keep reading.
The Tale of Rowland Oakes Quest Walkthrough Hogwarts Legacy
You receive The Tale of Rowland Oakes quest from Adelaide Oakes after she sends you Owl Mail. To complete the quest, follow these steps:
- Locate Adelaide Oakes
- Go to Rowland Oakes Camp & Fight Goblins
- Follow Rowland Oakes’ Map
- Enter the Goblin Encampment
- Find Rowland Oakes in the Goblin Encampment
- Find Rowland Oakes’ Wand
- Give Rowland Oakes His Wand
This mission isn’t the only map-following side quest in Hogwarts Legacy. If you’re struggling with this, you may also want to check out the Cache in the Castle treasure quest and get an exclusive new outfit.
Locate Adelaide Oakes
- Adelaide Oakes can be found in the Transfiguration Courtyard.
- The easiest way to get there is to fast travel to the Transfiguration Courtyard Floo Flame in The Astronomy Wing.
- Adelaide can be found to the left of the double doors leading to the Central Hall.
- Talk to Adelaide to begin the quest.
Go to Rowland Oakes’ Camp & Fight Goblins
- Rowland Oakes’ camp is located in the North Hogwarts Region, west of Jackdaw’s Tomb.
- When you arrive, you’ll have to fight a group of Goblins.
- After defeating them, head to the canopy northeast of the campsite.
- You’ll find Rowland Oakes’ journal on the floor and his map on a box under the canopy.
Follow Rowland Oakes’ Map
- To follow Rowland Oakes’ map in Hogwarts Legacy, head back out of the camp the way you came in, and turn right at the crossroads.
- Follow the path along the river and pass by the rock formation. Your character will remark on it being the first landmark on the map.
- Keep along the road until you reach a signpost. Turn right at the signpost.
- You’ll then pass a crooked tree, which your character will remark upon.
- Continue down that road and cross over the wooden bridge.
- Your character will then mention the crumbling tower.
- Finally, follow the same path until you reach the Goblin encampment at the end near the Korrow Ruins Floo Flame.
Enter the Goblin Encampment
- Head into the Encampment and defeat the Goblins guarding the front entrance.
- Turn right after entering the Encampment and climb up the ladder.
- Fight the Goblins protecting the Encampment, and then head right along the wall.
- Once you reach the final group of Goblins, turn left at the large bonfire, and the gate leading deeper into the Encampment will be there.
- You’ll need to defeat all of the Goblins near the bonfire to get through.
Find Rowland Oakes in the Goblin Encampment
- After entering the Encampment, go around the boxes and through the archway.
- Fend off the Goblins and then head right.
- Keep going forward and then clear the large room of the Goblins.
- Next, head through the door on the right before the short staircase and head down the stairs.
- At the end of the stairs, turn left and follow the path until you reach another large room of Goblins.
- Defeat the Goblins and then go to the door at the end of the tunnel.
- Talk to Rowland Oakes through the door, and he’ll ask you to find his wand.
Find Rowland Oakes’ Wand
- Go back the way you came through the circular tunnel and then right up the staircase.
- At the top of the staircase, turn right and head up another flight of stairs. There you’ll see the boiler door you need to open.
- Head past the boiler door and up the stairs. Continue along the bridge and turn left at the end.
- Go along the wooden planks, then turn left, and you’ll see a furnace. Use Incendio on it to light it up.
- Jump back down and open up the boiler door.
- Head inside and defeat all of the Goblins. Afterward, head into the room on the right, and you’ll find Rowland’s wand.
- There are a lot of Goblins in this room, so if you’re finding it difficult, make sure to learn some of the more powerful spells in Hogwarts Legacy before coming back.
Give Rowland Oakes His Wand
- Head back to Rowland in his cell and pass him his wand.
- He’ll get himself out, and then he’ll talk to you.
- Once the conversation ends, the mission will be complete, and you’ll receive the Handcrafted Necklace Collectible as well as 180xp.
If you’re struggling to solve some of the other quests in Hogwarts Legacy, then make sure to check out our other guides:
- How to Solve Halls of Herodiana Puzzles
- How to Find Ghost of Our Love Treasure
- How to Find the Helm of Urtkot
- Where to Find All Demiguise Moons
You can check out the full walkthrough by Powerpyx below: