The original article continues below:
To fix the bug in the Take the Biscuit quest in Hogwarts Legacy, don’t unlock the Mooncalf cage in the Small Bandit Camp Northeast of the East North Ford Bog Floo Flame before activating the quest.
If you’ve already unlocked the cage in that Bandit Camp, then revert back to an earlier save. Alternatively, wait for the next official patch.
This is the temporary fix offered by Avalanche Software’s community manager Chandler Wood. However, he reassured fans that the quest will be officially fixed in an upcoming patch.
The Take the Biscuit quest bug isn’t the first one to affect players enjoying Hogwarts Legacy. Fans have also had to contend with every character being completely blue, which fortunately has its own fix.
This bug occurs because you can already open the cage in the Small Bandit Camp where the Take the Biscuit quest takes place prior to actually completing that mission.
As a result, if you head to that Small Bandit Camp and unlock the Mooncalf cage there before doing Take the Biscuit, it causes the cage to become bugged and permanently locked during that quest.
When Is the Next Hogwarts Legacy Patch Coming?
Unfortunately, there is currently no word on when the next Hogwarts Legacy patch will arrive. As a result, it is difficult to determine when the Take the Biscuit quest will be fixed.
However, a patch was recently released that addressed a number of issues, including the poor performance on PC that players could only fix by tweaking these settings.
While there’s no word on when the patch will be released, fans are hoping it’ll address the many issues they have with Hogwarts Legacy, including the Take the Biscuit quest bug.
How to Rescue Biscuit in the Take the Biscuit Quest
You receive the quest from Garnuff, who can be found on the bridge next to J. Pippins and the West Hogsmeade Floo Flame in Hogsmeade.
To complete the Take the Biscuit quest in Hogwarts Legacy, follow these steps:
- Talk to Garnuff
- Locate the Small Bandit Camp & Defeat the Poachers
- Unlock the Cage
- Capture Biscuit & Return Her to Garnuff
Read More: Where to Find All Daedalian Keys in Hogwarts Legacy
Talk to Garnuff
- You’ll find Garnuff by the stone bridge in between J. Pippin’s Potions and the West Hogsmeade Floo Flame.
- The easiest way to get to him is by simply fast traveling to the West Hogsmeade Floo Flame.
- Talk to him and he’ll explain that Biscuit has been taken.
- Once you’ve finished talking to him, the Take the Biscuit quest will begin.
Locate the Small Bandit Camp & Defeat the Poachers
- After receiving the quest from Garnuff in Hogsmeade, fast travel to the East North Ford Bog Floo Flame.
- Then, head Northeast until you reach a Small Bandit Camp.
- Next, fight your way through the waves of Poachers.
- There are quite a few Poachers to deal with, so make sure to come prepared with Wiggenweld Potions.
Unlock the Cage
- Once you’ve defeated the Poachers, locate the giant cage full of Mooncalfs in the centre of the camp.
- Interact with the cage to start an Alohomora puzzle.
- You’ll need to solve the Alohomora puzzle to open the cage. Once you have, the Mooncalfs will escape.
Capture Biscuit & Return Her to Garnuff
- You’ll need to chase after Biscuit once you open the cage, as the Mooncalfs run away after you open it.
- Use the Disillusionment spell to turn invisible as it’ll make sneaking up on Biscuit much easier.
- Find which Mooncalf is Biscuit by using Revelio.
- Stun it by casting Arresto Momentum on it.
- Next, use your Nab Sack to capture it.
- Return to Garnuff in Hogsmeade and give him Biscuit.
- It is worth noting that if you ask Garnuff for money as compensation for returning Biscuit, you will receive 300 Galleons. Of course, there are easier and more noble ways of earning money fast in Hogwarts Legacy.
Thursday 23rd of February 2023
Revert back to an earlier save?? You’ve lost your mind. That was 20 hours ago. That’s not a fix.
Saturday 18th of February 2023
Agree, not going back 3 hours.