The Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error is stopping many players from getting into games of MW2. Luckily, there’s a way to fix it!
The most annoying problem gamers can encounter is not being able to play the game they want and, unfortunately, this is an issue that many MW2 players have encountered.
The Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error has been stopping players from connecting to the Call of Duty Servers and, in turn, from playing MW2 online. Although, fixing this error should be relatively simple.
How to Fix the Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error in Modern Warfare 2
To fix the Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error in MW2, you need to determine what’s stopping your game from connecting to the Call of Duty Servers by checking the server status for Activision and your platform’s online services.
Depending on the error’s cause, you will have to act accordingly to reconnect your system to the Call of Duty servers.
- First, check the Call of Duty Twitter account, the Infinity Ward Twitter account, and the MW2 Trello Board. This will tell you if the Call of Duty servers are down.
- If the Call of Duty servers are down, you will have to wait until they are back up again for the Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error to stop.
- Next, check the network connectivity status of the platform you are playing on:
- If it is your internet causing the error, we suggest troubleshooting the problem. Follow each of these steps, testing your internet connection after each one until it works:
- Turn your console or PC off and back on again.
- Restart your internet router.
- Use a wired internet connection instead of wi-fi.
- If you are on PC, also make sure to disable your firewall. To do this:
- Type in the Windows searchbar ‘Firewall’
- Click Firewall & network protection
- Choose Allow an app through the firewall
- Make sure Call of Duty Modern Warfare II is checked on Private and Public
- If you cannot fix the problem, contact Activision Support. Then, it may be worth getting in touch with your internet service provider if the issue is still not resolved.
Read More: Everything Wrong With MW2 Multiplayer
What is the Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error in MW2?
The Travis Rilea Connection Failed Error is a message that MW2 players get when something stops their console or PC from connecting with the Call of Duty servers.
This connection error can happen for a few reasons. The Call of Duty servers could be down or there may be an issue with your internet connection.
Additionally, the problem causing the error message could be to do with your platform. Disruption with PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, or Battle.net could also prevent you from connecting to the Call of Duty Servers.
Hopefully, you should be able to resolve this error pretty quickly. However, players have been having more issues with the game too!
Make sure to turn off MW2 crossplay if you encounter any connectivity problems. This is known to cause some problems in Call of Duty titles.