Many have been struggling to unlock the Minibak SMG in MW2 despite having gotten the Vaznev-9K to level 14. Don’t worry, we’re here to help and explain why the Minibak is not unlocking.
Of course, this isn’t the first unlockable that’s confusing players. In fact, many are also wondering how to unlock the Slimline Pro optic in MW2.
Why Is the Minibak SMG Not Unlocking?
MW2 is telling players that they will need to get the Vaznev-9K to level 14 in order to unlock the Minibak SMG. However, this is not true and you actually need to be leveling up the Kastov-74u to level 18.
This error also occurs with the Vaznev-9K itself, as despite MW2 telling players it unlocks at level 13 on the Kastov-74u, it actually unlocks at level 15.
How to Unlock the Minibak SMG in Multiplayer
To unlock the Minibak SMG in MW2, you will need to level up the Kastov-74u Assault Rifle to level 18. You do not unlock the Minibak by getting the Vaznev-9K to level 14.
However, it is understandable why many players may think leveling up the Vaznev-9K is the way to go. After all, this is what MW2 itself is telling players at the moment.
But, in this rare instance, you’re better off ignoring what it says on the Kastovia Platform page. If you go into the Kastov-74U’s track page, and scroll to level 18, you will see the Minibak.
Now you know which gun to level up, you can focus all of your efforts on that. However, it’ll help to first check out the fastest ways to level up your guns so you can start using the Minibak as soon as possible.
How to Use the Minibak SMG in MW2 Multiplayer
To use the Minibak SMG in MW2, all you’ll need to do is create a custom loadout with it in and then choose to use it in any of the multiplayer modes:
- Before heading into a game, go to the Weapons tab (press RB on consoles to access it)
- Make a new custom loadout by selecting the plus (+) icon on the very left
- If you’ve already made the maximum number of loadouts, then you’ll need to replace one of them. Simply select the one you wish to override and follow the remaining steps
- Select the Primary Weapon slot and then SMGs (press RB on consoles to access it)
- Keep scrolling until you find it and select it
- Feel free to head into Gunsmith to equip it with any attachments you may have already unlocked
- Finally, from the main menu select the multiplayer mode you wish to play
- Once in-game, just choose the custom loadout you just created and you’re good to go
You’ll need to unlock the ability to create custom loadouts before you can equip the Minibak SMG, so make sure you know how to unlock custom loadouts in MW2 first.
Best Alternatives to the Minibak in MW2 Multiplayer
If you’ve spent a long time grinding the Vaznev-9K only to realize it doesn’t help you unlock the Minibak, then don’t worry. There are plenty of alternative SMGs you can use that are just as good.
You should definitely consider using SMGs such as the PDSW 528, FSS Hurricane, and even the Vaznev-9K itself if you’re looking for something different.
- PDSW 528
- The PDSW 528 is an incredibly fast SMG that you can vastly improve by creating this loadout. You unlock it at Rank 5, so you won’t have much trouble getting it.
- FSS Hurricane
- The FSS Hurricane is very powerful and comes with a 50-round magazine from the get-go. If it sounds like your kind of SMG, then you’ll need to level up the FTAC Recon to Level 16.
- In actuality, the Vaznev-9K is not a bad SMG to use, and chances are you’ve already got it to a decent level. But, for those who haven’t unlocked it, you’ll need to get the Kastov-74U to level 13 first.
What Is the Minibak in MW2?
The Minibak is an SMG that players can unlock by progressing through the Kastovia Platform. It has 64 rounds from the get-go and a reserve of 128 rounds.
It is an incredibly fast and powerful SMG with high Recoil Control, Mobility, and Handling. However, it isn’t as effective in the Range, Damage, and Fire Rate categories compared to other SMGs.