The time to pre-load Warzone 2 has officially arrived but it doesn’t seem as straight forward as Activision had planned.
Users have been searching Warzone 2 or Warzone 2.0 just to find a blank page as if nothing was searched.
Here is an example of the PlayStation Store on PS5 below:
How To Find Warzone 2 Listing & Pre-Load
PC / Battlenet
- Warzone 2 is available to pre-load from the official Battle.net listing here
- Simply tap the pre-load button and follow the steps for Windows (won’t work on Mac).
PC / Steam
- Go to the official Warzone 2 Steam Listing page
- Tap Pre-Load Game
- Make sure you have Steam installed
PlayStation Store Warzone 2 Pre-Load – PS4 & PS5
Currently, the search function brings nothing up when searching Warzone 2 in the PlayStation Store. Luckily there is a workaround that gets you to the listing right away.
- Find MW2 in the store, since the search function is being hammered right now, it is best to avoid searching and finding it in:
- If you already own a copy of MW2, it will show up in the ‘All Games’ section, which appears when you hover over ‘Browse’
- Alternatively, it will show up in the Latest section under ‘Must see’
- Tap on the Modern Warfare 2 listing, and do not tap anything on the listing page.
- Scroll right twice with the left analog or D-Pad, and select the “…” icon.
- You will find Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, click X on this.
- Select Download to start the preload.
- For several international stores, this extra step might be required: This will take you to the cart page where you can Order & Pay, despite it saying pay, this will still be free which can be confirmed by the £/$0.00 total.
- Upon downloading you will have the option to choose Warzone 2, as it allows you to install different sections of MW2.
- If you already own MW2 it will just be the Warzone 2 Content Pack add-on, which comes in at 3 GB.
- If you don’t own MW2 you will see the full pre-load kick in as normal.
We have tested this ourselves and although it’s not obvious as to whether it downloaded or not, the game shows in the storage as 2.55GB. Other users are reporting the same results:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, head to the Microsoft Store
- Once there, select search and look for “Warzone 2”
- The Warzone 2.0 store page will load, and it might also offer Modern Warfare 2 bundles, so make sure you select the Warzone 2.0 free option
- Lastly, select “Get” to start the pre-load