There are two ways to get Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy either to use in combat or to complete Professor Garlick’s Assignment:
- Buy them from the Dogweed and Deathcap shop in Hogsmeade for 600 Galleons.
- Purchase Venomous Tentacula seeds from Dogweed and Deathcap for 1,050 Galleons and plant them in a Large Pot in the Room of Requirement.
By far, the easiest option is to purchase the Venomous Tentacula Combat Tool directly from Dogweed and Deathcap, as growing it will take you 15 minutes.
After all, using this fast money trick in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll have more than enough Galleons to go around!
Where to Buy Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy
You can purchase Venomous Tentacula from the Dogweed and Deathcap shop located in the northernmost part of Hogsmeade.
To get there, simply fast travel to the North Hogsmeade Floo Flame and then go across the stone bridge and continue heading north toward the shop.
While you’re in Hogsmeade, you need to stop by The Magic Neep to pick up Mallowsweet so you can solve every Merlin Trial in Hogwarts Legacy with ease.
To buy Venomous Tentacula from Dogweed and Deathcap, simply follow these steps:
- Talk to Madame Beatrice Green to view her stock.
- Select the Venomous Tentacula Combat Tool from the bottom row.
- Purchase the Venomous Tentacula Combat Tool for 600 Galleons.
How to Grow Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy
To grow Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy, you must first unlock the Room of Requirement during the main story.
Then, purchase the Large Pot conjuration recipe from Tomes and Scrolls in Hogsmeade and place it in your Room of Requirement. Finally, plant the Venomous Tentacula seeds in it, and wait 15 minutes for it to grow.
Here is a full breakdown of how to grow Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Unlock the Room of Requirement
- Purchase a Large Pot Spellcraft & Venomous Tentacula Seeds
- Plant the Venomous Tentacula Seeds
Unlock the Room of Requirement
- While playing through the main story, you will unlock the Room of Requirement. It happens during the 18th main mission in Hogwarts Legacy, titled “The Room of Requirement.”
- You’ll unlock this mission after completing the Jackdaw’s Rest and Flying Class main missions.
- Professor Weasley and the House Elf Deek will show you the Room of Requirement and teach you how to use Conjuration spells.
- Once you’ve learned how the Room of Requirement works, you can start planting your own Venomous Tentacula seeds.
How to Purchase a Large Pot Spellcraft & Venomous Tentacula Seeds
- Head to the Tomes and Scrolls shop in Hogsmeade. It can be found directly on the left when entering Hogsmeade.
- Purchase the Potting Table With a Large Pot Spellcraft for 1,000 Galleons.
- This can be done before unlocking the Room of Requirement if you want to.
- Next, head to Dogweed and Deathcap and purchase Venomous Tentacula seeds for 1,050 Galleons.
How to Plant the Venomous Tentacula Seeds
- Return to the Room of Requirement and conjure the Potting Table With a Large Pot.
- Next, interact with the Potting Table and select the Venomous Tentacula seeds to plant.
- Wait 15 minutes for it to grow.
- Unfortunately, time won’t pass while you’re exploring menus. So, make sure to complete any of the unfinished side quests available in Hogwarts Legacy you have left to do.
- Finally, once the 15 minutes are up, return to the Potting Table and retrieve your Venomous Tentacula.
Make sure, while you’re in Hogsmeade, to purchase Fluxweed Stem seeds so you can brew some of the best potions in the game and complete your Potions Assignments.
How to Use Venomous Tentacula in Hogwarts Legacy
To use the Venomous Tentacula, bring up your Combat Tool wheel (hold LB/L1/Tab). Then, use your cursor to hover over the Venomous Tentacula.
Finally, let go of the Combat Tool Wheel button while selecting the Venomous Tentacula, and then, while in combat or exploring, tap LB/L1/Tab to use it.