The Hateful is a recurring boss in God of War Ragnarok and one that many may find tricky to defeat. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered with a guide on exactly how to beat it.
If you’re doing the Born From Fire favor and finding it difficult to defeat the Hateful boss every time, you’re not alone.
We’re here to help you finally take down this flame-covered mini-boss with some handy tips and tricks and suggested equipment.
How to Beat The Hateful Boss in God of War Ragnarok
The easiest way to defeat the Hateful Boss in God of War Ragnarok is to unleash a flurry of quick attacks and avoid using any that need to be charged up.
The Hateful can unleash several unblockable attacks rapidly. So, if you’re trying to charge up an attack, you will likely be stunned before you can use it.
Your best tactic is to use the Leviathan Axe’s light attack (R1) or use skills like Chaotic Rampage that let you chain together attacks quickly.
You’ll also want to make sure you have the best skills to unlock early in God of War Ragnarok for some of the earlier encounters with The Hateful.
Of course, if you want to stand a chance at survival, you’ll need a few tricks up your sleeve. So, keep reading for a detailed guide on how to this terrifying boss.
Best Strategy to Beat The Hateful in God of War Ragnarok
The best strategy to defeat the Hateful boss in God of War Ragnarok is to use a combination of Atreus, Spartan Rage, and quick light attack.
The Hateful will try and get as close to you as possible and will interrupt most of your attacks with both its basic and unblockable moves. So, prioritizing stunning it and using fast attacks is paramount.
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you defeat it:
- The majority of its attacks can be parried. So, (as long as you’re confident in your parrying ability) make sure to bring along the Dauntless shield.
- There tend to be several healthstones nearby that you can utilize if your health drops too low.
- Atreus’ arrows may not be powerful, but they can stun it or at least raise its Stun Bar. Make sure to utilize him as best as you can.
- Always bring a resurrection stone with you to any of these fights. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- The Hateful will cover itself in flames at certain intervals. If you attack it when it does this, it will explode, causing you damage. To avoid this, use a ranged attack, as that will remove its flames.
- Always try and keep distance between you if you can, and rely on quick attacks to deal damage. It moves very quickly and will constantly try to bridge the gap between you, so watch out for that.
Of course, these handy 12 tips to help you beat God of War Ragnarok are also incredibly useful when it comes to defeating tricky bosses like The Hateful.
Where Is The Hateful Boss in God of War Ragnarok?
The Hateful boss reappears whenever you discover a Draugr hole, which are found across all of God of War Ragnarok. It is a part of the Born From Fire favor which requires you to close all the Draugr holes.
For example, in the early game, you will find The Hateful near the Watchtower (near the Bay of Bounty in Svartalfheim) and the Applecore in Svartalfheim.
Once you find the Hateful boss, you’ll want to use light attacks and Atreus’ arrows to kill it quickly. It’s very fast, so stay alert and avoid its unblockable attacks whenever it gets too close.
It will help to know how to beat the In Service of Asgard favor, as that will bring you right next to the Watchtower.