While there is a plethora of cosmetics to collect in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, fans may want to get their hands on the outfit Link is wearing in the trailers, the Champion’s Leathers.
Fortunately, it’s actually very easy to unlock the Champion’s Leathers in the early game. All you need to do is head to Hyrule Castle and solve a very simple puzzle.
Champion’s Leathers TOTK Location
The Champion’s Leathers can be found in Hyrule Castle 1F inside the Sanctum, the circular chamber where you encountered Calamity Ganon at the end of BOTW.
Of course, while you’re in Hyrule Castle, you should also consider picking up the complete Royal Guard armor set for a substantial defensive buff.
To get to Hyrule Castle, you’ll need to do the following:
- Travel to the Lookout Landing Skyview Tower.
- Use the lift to be shot out of it and into the sky.
- Once you’re in their air, look toward Hyrule Castle.
- Fall a little until you exit the clouds, and the castle comes into focus.
- Finally, deploy your glider and aim for the entrance to Sanctuary (see the image below)
- You will need lots of stamina to reach Hyrule Castle or at least 2 Energizing Elixirs.
Once you’re in Hyrule Castle, this is how you get the Champion’s Leathers in Tears of the Kingdom:
- After landing in Hyrule Castle (per the instructions above), enter through the large open door.
- You should find yourself in a large oval room covered in red and gold carpet with a hole in the middle.
- Head up either the left or right staircase straight ahead of you.
- You will see two unlit braziers.
- Attach a fire fruit to your arrow (Up on the D-Pad while holding your bow).
- Fire it at either brazier and then repeat for the other.
- The eagle statue behind the chair will move.
- Climb up to the statue and jump into the now open space to find the chest.
- Open it, and you’ll unlock the Champion’s Leathers.