Players can find the Royal Guard armor set very early in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom if they know where to look.
Fortunately, we’ve got the precise locations of each piece of the Royal Guard armor set so that you can explore Hyrule in regal style.
Where Is the Royal Guard Armor Set Located?
All pieces of the Royal Guard armor set are found within the floating Hyrule Castle. However, you can actually access them all without fighting any of the high-level enemies that roam its corridors.
Here is the location of all three pieces of Royal Guard Armor:
You will need to have unlocked the paraglider before you can access Hyrule Castle and hopefully have increased your stamina.
Here is how you get into Hyrule Castle:
- Take the lift up to the top of the Lookout Landing Skyview Tower.
- Once you’re fired out of it, face toward Hyrule Castle.
- Allow yourself to fall a little until you exit the clouds and the castle becomes more in focus.
- Deploy your glider and aim for whichever part you’re heading too.
- You will need lots of stamina to reach this point or plenty of Energizing Elixirs.
Don’t worry if you still have the base stamina, as you can brew an Energizing Elixir, which replenishes your stamina as you glide.
You will need approximately 2 Energizing Elixirs to make it to the castle with the base stamina, but just to be safe, bring three.
The recipe for an Energizing Elixir is as follows:
- Four Restless Crickets
- One Bokoblin Horn
Restless Crickets can be found by cutting tall grass or by purchasing it. Deenya is known to sell them and can be found driving his cart near Woodland Stable.
Meanwhile, Bokoblin Horns are easily sourced by simply killing Bokoblins, the small, pig-nosed goblins that you’ll find roaming all of Hyrule.
Royal Guard Boots Location TOTK
The Royal Guard Boots can be found in the Library in Hyrule Castle. The Library can be found in the underground chamber directly beneath the Serutabomac Shrine.
Here is how you get the Royal Guard Boots in Tears of the Kingdom:
- While gliding towards Hyrule Castle, drift to the right until you see a Shrine.
- Land by the Shrine.
- With your back to the Shrine, hop down each platform until you reach a door built into the cliff.
- Go through the door and all the way down the stairs until you enter the library.
- Climb down the stairs and then face the way you came.
- You should see a bookcase in front of you.
- Activate Ultrahand and pull the door on the bookcase (it’s on the left) away.
- Head inside the hidden chamber (the King’s Study) and open the chest.
- Inside are the Royal Guard Boots.
- You will also find a Royal Shield behind the chest and a Royal Broadsword on a table opposite the chest.
Royal Guard Cap Location TOTK
The Royal Guard Cap is located in Princess Zelda’s Room in Hyrule Castle. It is easily accessed via the Sanctum near the top of Hyrule Castle itself.
Here is how you get the Royal Guard Cap in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Head into the Sanctum through the front entrance of Hyrule Castle 1F.
- If you got the Royal Boots first, the easiest way to get here is by fast traveling back to Lookout Landing, heading back up the Skyview Tower, and gliding across to Hyrule Castle.
- After entering the Sanctum, turn immediately left and head through the door back outside.
- Head down the path until you see a tower on your right.
- Glide down towards the bridge connecting the tower and land on the side closest to you.
- Be warned, landing in the middle of the bridge will break it, and you’ll fall. Make sure to land on the lefthand side of the bridge.
- Face away from the tower, and you will see an entranceway.
- Head inside and drop down into Princess Zelda’s Room below.
- Look to your left and go behind the cover.
- You’ll find a chest there with the Royal Cap inside.
Royal Guard Uniform Location TOTK
The Royal Guard Uniform is found in the Guard’s Chamber in Hyrule Castle. The Guard’s Chamber is located beneath the First Gatehouse.
Getting to the Royal Guard Uniform involves stepping in Gloom, which will temporarily reduce your hearts.
Make sure you’ve prepared Gloom-healing meals or gathered Gloom-resistant armor before you try and grab this piece of the Royal Guard armor set.
Here is how you get the Royal Guard Uniform in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Leave Princess Zelda’s Room via the hole in the wall next to where you found the Royal Guard Cap.
- Jump off and immediately begin gliding to the left.
- Glide around the back of Hyrule Castle, slowly descending.
- You should see a gatehouse below you. Head in that direction.
- Once you’re closer to the gatehouse, glide to the right of it and continue descending.
- You will see a path below it. Head towards that.
- Land next to the door built into the side of the cliff with three trees next to it.
- Go inside and use Ultrahand to move both gates up so you can go through.
- Head up the stairs and turn left.
- Go down the corridor and then through the door on the left.
- Head down the next set of stairs and turn right.
- Keep going until you reach the Guard’s Chamber.
- Go all the way down the stairs until you reach the Gloom.
- Make sure you have the Ascend ability ready before you reach the Gloom.
- Walk through it and then use the Ascend ability to go up into the room above.
- Open the chest in that room.
- Inside you’ll find the Royal Guard Uniform.