If you want to get Baxcalibur in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you’ll need to know how to evolve both Frigibax and Arctibax!
There are hundreds of Pokemon to catch in Scarlet and Violet but, of course, the new ones are right at the top of the list of Pokemon that fans want to catch.
One new Pokemon in particular, the Dragon/Ice-type pseudo-Legendary Baxcalibur, has caught the eye of many Pokemon trainers. However, adding this Pokemon to your Pokedex isn’t easy!
How to Get Baxcalibur in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
The only way to get Baxcalibur in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is by evolving an Arctibax. Baxcalibur does not spawn in the wild.
Therefore, to do this, you must first either evolve a Frigibax into Arctibax or catch an Arctibax in the wild – in the one location in Paldea that it spawns.
We’ve got all the steps you need to follow to add Baxcalibur to your Pokedex below!
How to Evolve Frigibax into Arctibax
To evolve Frigibax into Arctibax in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you need to reach level 35 with your Frigibax.
Once Frigibax reaches level 35, it will automatically evolve into Arctibax. However, you’ll need to know where to catch a Frigibax first.
- Catch a Frigibax
- They can only be found in the north of Paldea – check the Frigibax spawn locations map below for more details
- Use your Frigibax in Pokemon battles until it reaches level 35
- To speed this up, use the new Pokemon Picnics feature to increase Friendship
- As soon as Frigibax reaches level 35, it will evolve into Arctibax!
You can find Frigibax in the snowy areas in the north of Paldea in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Despite its Pokedex entry saying it lives in caves, you can also encounter them elsewhere in the mountains too, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find one.
How to Evolve Arctibax into Baxcalibur
To evolve Arctibax into Baxcalibur in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you need to level it up until it reaches level 54.
This will take a while, but there’s no need to keep checking. Arctibax will automatically evolve as soon as it reaches level 54.
- Get an Arctibax
- This can be done by evolving a Frigibax or by catching one in the one location it spawns in Paldea
- Use your Arctibax in battles until it reaches level 54
- Raising Friendship using the Picnics mini-game will help you level it up faster
- Once it reaches level 54, your Arctibax will evolve into Baxcalibur!
The only place that Arctibax can spawn in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is a tiny region in the northwest of Paldea’s snowy area.
As it is a very rare spawn and can only be found here, you may be better off just leveling up a Frigibax instead.
But if you are going searching for one, you’ll need to know how to reset wild Pokemon spawns in Scarlet and Violet!
There are plenty more new Pokemon to catch in Scarlet and Violet too: