If you want to get the new Pokemon Ceruledge or Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you’ll need to know how to evolve Charcadet!
Completing the Pokedex in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will take a lot of time and some Pokemon are harder to get than others.
Two of the new Gen 9 Pokemon making their debuts in Scarlet and Violet – Ceruledge and Armarouge – are tough to get as the way to evolve Charcadet isn’t very obvious. Luckily, we’ve got all of the answers for you!
How to Get Ceruledge & Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To get Ceruledge or Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you will need to evolve Charcadet, however, only one of these Pokemon is available in each version of the game.
Ceruledge is exclusive to Pokemon Violet, while Armarouge is exclusive to Pokemon Scarlet.
Find out how to trade Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet so you can get both of these Pokemon!
This is also essential to know if you want to get all of the exclusive Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet too!
How to Evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge in Pokemon Violet
To evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge in Pokemon Violet, you need to use the Malicious Armor Evolution Item on Ceruledge.
The Malicious Armor can be obtained by trading 10 Sinistea Chips with the NPC standing by the fountain in Zapapico.
As Ceruledge is exclusive to Pokemon Violet, you will not be able to evolve Charcadet into it in Pokemon Scarlet.
- Catch a Charcadet
- Check the Chardadet spawn locations if you don’t have one already
- Collect 10 Sinistea Chips – to get these you will need to KO 10 Sinistea
- You can find Sinistea in the wild at the two locations on the map below
- Auto-battling Sinistea will be the fastest way to defeat 10 of them
- Once you have 10 Sinistea Chips, you need to visit the NPC who is standing by the fountain in the center of Zapapico
- This NPC is an old woman with a red shirt and blue jacket
- Speak to them and agree to give them 10 Sinistea Chips
- In return, they will give you a set of Malicious Armor
- Finally, open your item bag and go to the Other Items tab. Scroll down to the Malicious Armor, select it and use it on Charcadet
- This will evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge!
Read More: How to Reset Wild Pokemon Spawns Fast in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
How to Evolve Charcadet into Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet
To evolve Charcadet into Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet, you must use the Auspicious Armor Evolution Item on Ceruledge.
You can obtain the Auspicious Armor by trading 10 Bronzor Fragments with the NPC standing by the fountain in Zapapico.
You can only do this in Pokemon Scarlet as Armarouge is exclusive to that version of the game.
- Catch a Charcadet
- Check the Charcadet spawn locations if you don’t already have one
- Collect 10 Sinistea Fragments -you need to KO 10 Bronzor
- Bronzor spawns in the wild at plenty of locations in Paldea but the best place to find one is in the Ruins in West Province which is circled on the map below.
- Use the auto-battle feature to save yourself some time!
- After you’ve collected 10 Bronzor Fragments, go to the NPC who is standing by the fountain in the center of Zapapico
- This NPC is a man with blue jeans and a pink shirt
- Speak to them and agree to give them 10 Bronzor Fragments
- They will give you a set of Auspicious Armor in return
- Next, open your item bag and go to the Other Items tab. Scroll down to the Auspicious Armor and use it on Charcadet
- This will evolve Charcadet into Armarouge!
Where to Catch Charcadet in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet – Spawn Locations
You can catch Charcadet in a large portion of the map in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – possible spawn locations include almost all of the East, West, and South of Paldea – but it is quite rare to see one.
We recommend exploring any of the orange sections on the map below until you come across a Charcadet. If you’re lucky, it won’t take too long until you spot one!
While everyone is excited about new Pokemon like Ceruledge and Armarouge, sometimes you can’t beat the classics. But are Charizard, Blastoise, & Venusaur in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?