Alva is one of the tougher bosses in God of War Ragnarok due to how fast she moves. If you’re struggling to beat her, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
You’ll encounter Alva during the Groa’s Secret main mission, and she won’t let you off easy. The Light Elves are formidable foes and far stronger than anything you’ve faced before.
Fortunately, like all enemies in God of War Ragnarok, Alva has her weakness. It is your job to expose those weaknesses and ours to help point them out to you.
How to Beat Alva Boss Fight in God of War Ragnarok
The easiest way of defeating Alva in God of War Ragnarok is to make sure you’re tracking her (press R3) and have the Stone Wall Shield equipped.
Alva moves extremely quickly, so tracking her is essential to dodge her attacks. She also uses a lot of charge-up attacks, which can be interrupted by slamming down your shield (double-tap L1)
Because the Stone Wall Shield is the best at absorbing attacks, when you eventually use your shield slam, you’ll not only interrupt Alva but also deal a lot of damage.
Additionally, if you combine your Runic attacks from both your Blades of Chaos and Leviathan Axe, ensuring to switch between them on the fly (press left or right on the D-Pad), you’ll defeat her in no time.
However, if you want to survive this brutal encounter, you’ll need a few tricks up your sleeve. So, continue reading for some helpful strategies on how to take her down.
Best Strategy to Beat Alva in God of War Ragnarok
The best strategy to beat Alva in God of War Ragnarok is to constantly block and interrupt her attacks before hitting her while she’s vulnerable.
Alva has several attacks that take a very long time to charge up. When you see a blue circle appear around her, you can use your shield slam (double-tap L1) to stop her attack and stun her.
You need to be extremely careful of her other attacks. She will use ranged attacks against you endlessly if you go too far back, and she can chain together unblockable attacks with quick succession.
However, you needn’t worry, especially if you follow these simple tricks to turn the tide of battle in your favor.
Tips For Defeating Alva
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you defeat her:
- Alva moves around erratically, making it hard to follow her movements if you’re not tracking her. So make sure you lock on (R3) at the beginning of the fight.
- She will doesn’t stay stunned for long and will dash away after just a few seconds before quickly striking. When this happens, be prepared to dodge and not spam the attack button, as you could get locked into it.
- There won’t be many healthstones, so utilize your Spartan Rage as soon as your health drops, and keep your eye out for any time Alva drops one. She usually drops them after you use your shield slam on her.
- Block her attacks as best you can, but do not overcharge your shield. You’ll know when it’s getting close as it’ll turn a dark red. If it does overcharge, you’ll be stunned.
- Towards the second half of your fight with her, she will begin to heal herself. The process is slow, but the only way to interrupt her is by using your shield slam. Do that as soon as you see her getting down to the ground.
- Finally, don’t waste your time using many of your skills. As they all take a while to charge up, you’ll rarely get to actually use them before Alva interrupts you.
However, there are some handy skills you can make the most of. Make sure to check out the best skills to unlock early in God of War Ragnarok, to see what would be effective against Alva.