Connecting Pokemon GO to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet allows players to catch Roaming Form Gimmighoul in Pokemon GO, so it is definitely worth it if you want to catch ’em all!
To connect Pokemon GO to Pokemon Scarlet or Violet, you need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
Then, you must go to the Nintendo Switch settings within Pokemon GO at the same time as the Poke Portal in Pokemon Scarlet or Violet and follow the on-screen instructions to pair your accounts.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to pair your accounts:
- Make sure you have an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription and update both Pokemon GO and Pokemon Scarlet / Violet
- Go to the Nintendo Switch tab in the Pokemon GO Settings menu
- From the main screen, press the Poke Ball
- Tap the settings cog in the top right corner
- Scroll down until you see Nintendo Switch, and press it
- Below Available Devices, select Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet
- Now, in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, go to the Mystery Gift section of the Poke Portal
- Press X to open the menu
- Select Poke Portal
- Select Nintendo Switch
- Select Connect to Pokemon GO
- Select Pair with a Pokemon GO account
- Select Yes when asked ‘would you like to pair this account?’
Now you account is paired, you can send Postcards from Pokemon GO to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Not only does this let you catch Gimmighoul in Pokemon GO, but it will also let you catch all of the Vivillon patterns in Pokemon GO in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet too!