The Treasure of the Secret Springs side quest has stumped many Tears of the Kingdom players. Luckily, it is pretty easy to complete once you know where to go!
If you speak to Tulin again after completing the main quest Tulin of Rito Village, he will tell you about the mysterious Sturnida Secret Hot Spring to the northwest. However, it is your job to find it and get the ancient helmet that lies within.
As TOTK’s world is so large, locating this and completing Treasure of the Secret Springs could take ages. That’s why we’ve got the location for you as well as how to finish the quest by finding the helmet within the spring!
How to Complete Treasure of the Secret Springs in Tears of the Kingdom
To complete the Treasure of the Secret Springs side quest in Tears of the Kingdom, you must find the Vah Medoh Divine Helm in North Biron Snowshelf Cave.
To do this, you need to melt the ice blocking the cave’s entrance. Then, destroy the rock walls inside of the cave to release three streams of water.
Starting Treasure of the Secret Springs
- After completing the main story quest Tulin of Rito Village, you can speak to Tulin again to get the side quest Treasure of the Secret Springs.
- He is located near the top of Rito Village.
- Before you set off in search of the secret springs, you will need to get some cold resistance and a way to melt ice.
- To raise your cold resistance in Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll want to buy the Snowquill Armor in Rito Village or make some recipes using spicy peppers.
- To melt through ice, you have a few options:
- Flame Emitter Zonai Device
- Creating a fire with wood and flint
- Using a weapon with the Fire element
Sturnida Secret Hotspring Location – North Biron Snowshelf Cave
- Head to the North Biron Snowshelf Cave. The coordinates are: (-3961, 3256, 0237).
- This area of the map is very cold, so you’ll need to increase your cold resistance to survive.
- Melt the ice blocking the entrance to the cave using whichever method you brought along with you.
- Enter the cave and pick up the Bomb Flowers you see along the sides of the tunnel – you’ll need these later!
- Drop down the hole to get into a large chamber with a gust of wind in the center.
- This is very dark, so you can use Brightbloom Seeds to illuminate your surroundings.
North Biron Snowshelf Cave Puzzle
- Next, you must use your paraglider to float up on the gust of wind and then shoot the cracked rock walls with Bomb Flowers while you are in the air.
- Open your paraglider when you are standing on the gust of wind by pressing X twice.
- Float up as high as you can.
- Spot the cracked rock walls around you.
- Attach Bomb Flowers to your arrows by holding ZR and ‘Up’ on the d-pad.
- Shoot the Bomb Flowers at the cracked walls to destroy them.
- After destroying some of these walls, water will gush out of them, filling the room with water slightly.
- The other walls will have more Bomb Flowers behind them.
- Once you have destroyed the three walls holding back water, a statue will move, revealing a path to a chest at the bottom of the chamber.
- Go up to the chest and open it to get the Vah Medoh Divine Helm. This will complete the side quest Treasure of the Secret Springs.
The Vah Medoh Divine Helm has an ancient look to it and also offers Cold Resistance. Unfortunately, it is not part of an armor set, so you’ll have to wear it alongside some other gear.