Players may wonder how they can complete the Favor In Service of Asgard in God of War Ragnarok. Lucky for them, we’ve got all the answers.
One of the first Favors or side quests players will get in God of War Ragnarok is the mission In Service of Asgard. They’ll have to travel to three different areas and destroy the smoke tower at each one.
It’s not a particularly challenging Favor, but there are definitely some puzzles that may stump players. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered with a complete walkthrough.
As this Favor requires features quite a lot of difficult combat, you may want to consider what the best skills to learn early in God of War Ragnarok are first.
- In Service of Asgard Favor Complete Walkthrough God of War Ragnarok
In Service of Asgard Favor Complete Walkthrough God of War Ragnarok
How to Beat Modvitnir’s Rig in the In Service of Asgard God of War Ragnarok Favor
- The first thing you’ll want to do in this God of War Ragnarok Favor is head to Modvitnir’s Rig, as it is the closest.
- To reach it after leaving Nidavellir, simply go forward slightly, then turn right at the first intersection, and then left once you’re through that.
- Once you’ve docked, head up the platforms and fight the Wretches at the top. If you use your Blades of Chaos, you should get rid of them easily.
- After beating them, you’ll encounter a gate and a circle you can hit with your axe. Throw your axe at it to open the gate.
- Go through and then jump across to the other platform. From there, climb up the tower by following the runes marked on the wooden beams.
- Once you reach the top, you’ll encounter more Wretches. After defeating them, open the Legendary Chest that’s there. Inside is one-half of the Muspelheim seed. Collecting it will start The Crucible Favor.
- Turn right from the chest and use your Blades of Chaos to swing across to the other platform (just press O when it prompts you to).
- If you look to your right, you’ll see a lower platform with a Lore Marker and a creature. To kill the creature, head back across the platform and throw your axe at it from there.
- Look to your left after swinging across from the platform, and you’ll see two circles attached to the crane. Throw your axe at the one on the right twice to move the crane to the next platform.
- Now that it’s moved, you’ll be able to swing across to the next platform by pressing O. You’ll need to fight a handful more Wretches when you get there.
- To the left of that platform is another platform with a chest on it. You’ll need to move the crane again in order to jump across to claim its rewards.
- Directly in front is a chain. Climb up it and fight the Bergsra Mother. It can summon Wretches, so your best bet is to use your Spartan Rage as soon as possible to take down most of its health.
- Then head to the smoking tower in the middle (indicated by the Side Quest marker) and press the O next to it. Kratos will destroy it, completing this part of the Favor.
Steps to Beat Radsvinn’s Rig in the In Service of Asgard God of War Ragnarok Favor
- Hop into your boat and set sail for Radsvinn’s Rig. It’s the next closest one, so it makes sense to go there second.
- Simply sail towards Dragon Beach and then turn North up towards the Bay of Bounty. Once you’ve landed, you’ll find a Mystic Gateway and Sindri’s shop.
- Make sure to upgrade any of your gear before continuing, as this part of the Favor is incredibly combat-heavy.
- Head right of Sindri’s shop towards the black plume of smoke in the sky. Climb up the walls until you reach the top.
- There you will have to fight a lot of Nightmares and Grims. It’s a tough fight, so make sure to bring along a resurrection stone just in case.
- Once you’ve finished the fight, you can head straight for the tower and destroy it by pressing O next to it. However, there is Nornir Chest next to the tower, so search for its Runes in that area.
How to Beat Althjof’s Rig in the In Service of Asgard God of War Ragnarok Favor
- Finally, you’ll want to get back into your boat and head toward Althjof’s Rig. This is the last one and the final stage of this Favor.
- There is a boat opposite Sindri’s shop on Radsvinn’s Rig, which looks directly at Althjof’s Rig. Take this to get there quickly.
- When you dock, head up the chain to the next platform. From here, it can get a little complicated, so follow these steps carefully.
- Head to the control wheel and move it down twice so that it is in line with the tall arched platform.
- Then, just in front of the wheel is a spike on the end of a box. Throw your Blades of Chaos at it (press O when prompted) and wrench it off to lower the box.
- Once the box has been lowered, jump and use the lowered hook to swing across. Then, you’ll want to aim (L2) and throw (R2) your Blades of Chaos at the red barrel to destroy the wooden wall.
- Go through the gap where the wooden wall used to be. To reach the high vantage point Atreus mentions, head towards the next red wooden wall and jump to the platform above it.
- Walk around that platform until you see a locked gate. Approach it and interact with it (press O) to open it. Once through, jump down into the room with the red barrel and destroy it to break the walls.
- After destroying the barrels, head into the room on the left and climb the wall directly to the right; you should see runes up it. Once you reach the top, jump down and destroy the weak point on the floor.
- There are a few enemies for you to fight in this room, as well as a Rune to read on the wall and a chest to open.
- Once you’ve done all of that, head to the middle of the room, and you should see another spike directly in front. Hit it with your Blades of Chaos (press O when prompted) to send the box back up.
- You’ll then need to head back up and push the control wheel, so the hook is back to the top as well. Once you’ve done that, jump up to the highest point and swing across.
- Climb up the wall directly in front of you, and you’ll see the smoke tower. Defeat the enemies in front of it and then destroy the tower.
- Well done, you’ve completed the mission!