To check your Amazon Gift Card Balance, you need to have an active Amazon Account and head to the Gift Cards section of your account.
This will allow you to view your current balance, redeem another gift card, and even reload the balance of a previously redeemed gift card.
Here is how to check your balance on Desktop:
- Head to Amazon and log in with your account.
- Visit the Gift Cards section of your account details.
- Head to your Account by choosing the drop-down menu on your name.
- From here, choose the square titled “Gift Cards.”
- This will bring up your current Gift Card account balance.
If this is the first time you have used your gift card, you’ll need to choose “Redeem a Gift Card.” This is located right below the number value of your balance.
- Choose “Redeem a Gift Card.”
- From your Amazon Gift Card, remove the protective coating from the back to reveal your 14 to 15-digit claim code.
- This claim code is a combination of letters and numbers.
- You can also find your claim code on your receipt when you purchased the gift card.
- Enter the claim code in the space provided.
Once you have entered the claim code, you must choose “Apply Your Balance.” This will add your gift card balance to your account.
To use this balance, check off the “Use Gift Card Balance” box on the checkout screen when finalizing a purchase.
Here is how to check your balance on Mobile:
- Open the Amazon Prime App on your mobile device.
- Log in to your account.
- Choose the Profile tab.
- This is the second icon on the bottom that resembles a person.
- You should see “Hello, your name” at the top of the page.
- Scroll down, and you will see “Gift Card Balance.”
- Under this is two options. Choose Redeem Gift Card to redeem your Amazon Gift Card.
How to Check Amazon Gift Card Balance Without Redeeming
The only way to check an Amazon Gift Card balance without redeeming it is to speak to an Amazon Representative.
- Head to the Amazon Customer Service page.
- Choose “I need more help” from the list of options to bring up the chat assistant.
- Ask to speak to a representative.
- This will allow you to speak with an Amazon Representative and have them check your balance without redeeming it.
Where to Purchase Amazon Gift Card
You can purchase Amazon Gift Cards from any local retailer in increments of $15, $25, $50, and $100. Some of the most popular and available retailers include:
- Best Buy
Surprisingly, some more well-known retailers, like Target and Walmart, do not sell Amazon Gift Cards. This might be because Amazon is a direct competitor to them.
For a full list of retailers near you, check out Amazon’s official Gift Card Retailer List.