You can change your hunter’s appearance and name in Wild Hearts by unlocking and building the Looking Glass Karakuri. Once built, interact with it using LT/L2 and edit your character.
The Looking Glass is way below in the 18th line of the Karakuri menu. It can be unlocked for 1500 Kemono Orbs, requiring 15 Water Element points to build.
- Unlock the Looking Glass Karakuri via the Karakuri Menu to change your appearance in Wild Hearts
- Once it is unlocked, choose where in Minato you’d like to build the Karakuri
- The Looking Glass Karakuri can only be built on Minato
- Press and hold LB/L1 to open the building menu
- While still pressing LB/L1, press the UP button on the D-Pad
- Now, select the Looking Glass Karakuri and build it by pressing A/X
- Once built, interact with it with LT/L2, and depending on what you want to do, select one of these options:
- Change appearance – Here, you will be able to edit your hunter’s appearance in Wild Hearts
- Change name – With this option, you can change the name you assigned to your hunter when you created it
- After you have finished your changes, press the Option/Menu button to save your changes
Due to its position in the Karakuri progression, unlocking the Looking Glass Karakuri to change your appearance is easier after starting Chapter 2 of Wild Hearts’ main story.
Fastest Way to Unlock the Looking Glass Karakuri
Depending on your progress, there are two possible fastest routes to unlock the Looking Glass Karakuri in Wild Hearts and change your appearance:
- Grinding Hunts
- If you have been grinding hunts over and over again in Wild Hearts, and are still not on Chapter 2, you might have enough Kemono Orbs to unlock the Looking Glass Karakuri.
- You can check if this is the case by pressing the Menu/Touch Pad button, using RT/R2 to navigate to the Karakuri menu.
- Here you will be able to determine if you have enough orbs to unlock Karakuri all the way to the 18th row. This is the row where the Looking Glass Karakuri is located.
- Defeating the Sporetail or Deathstalker Kemono in Chapter 2
- After defeating the Sporetail Kemono, you will unlock the Stake Karakuri, which is 7 unlocks away from the Looking Glass Karakuri.
- If you are even further in Chapter 2, defeating the Deathstalker Kemono unlocks the Roller Dragon Karakuri. This Karakuri is just two unlocks away from the Looking Glass in Wild Hearts, making this path one of the fastest ways to change your appearance.