Gamers will always want a great username, and if you are unhappy with what you are called in MW2, you can change your CoD name!
Think about it – that name is more than a bunch of characters. It’s the call sign your squad will rally around, so having the right name is important.
If you wish to change your username but do not know how to, look no further as we dive into how to switch names in MW2.
How to Change CoD Username in MW2
To change your name within MW2, you’ll need to perform the following steps within the game:
- Press Options / Menu / ESC to bring up the options menu.
- Navigate with your mouse or press R1/RB to head to the cog wheel.
- Head down to “Account & Network.”
- From here, go to “Activision Account.”
- This should bring up a new window displaying your current name.
- Click on “Change Display Name” and enter your new name.
However, to be able to confirm your name change, you must have a Name Change Token. These renew every six months and you can have a maximum of two at a time.
You can change your name as often as you want if one of these tokens is available.
There are no other methods to getting a Name Change Token other than waiting for the six-month renewal.
How to Change CoD Username Online
Additionally, if you are not near your console and wish to change your name, you can do so on the Call of Duty website.
- Open the Call of Duty website and sign in to your Activision Account.
- Look for your username in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Choose ‘Basic Info’ from the menu.
- Find ‘Edit’ next to your Activision ID and click on it.
- Enter your preferred username.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply the changes.