Mesprit is the hardest Lake Guardian to catch, but we have the best strategy to get it in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
This Lake Guardian is one of the two roaming Pokemon in BDSP.
Catching it is a feat on its own due to its roaming nature. But, it is worth the hassle if you want to complete your Lake Guardian trio.
As soon as you encounter Mesprit, it will flee the area. The same happens every time you encounter it in the wild after your first encounter.
This roaming Pokemon will always try to escape from battle. But, we have the perfect strategy so you can catch Mesprit in Pokemon BDSP.
Where to Find Mesprit in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Mesprit is located in the Verity Cavern at Lake Verity. You will not find Mesprit there unless certain conditions are met.
Locate Mesprit in Pokemon BDSP
To find Mesprit in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, follow these steps.
- After the events in Spear Pillar, you can find Mesprit in the Verity Cavern at Lake Verity. If you need help reaching this point in the game, here is our guide on how to reach Spear Pillar in Pokemon BDSP.
- As soon as you find Mesprit there, it will flee.
Best Strategy to Catch Mesprit in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
After you find Mesprit, it will roam all around Sinnoh. Use this strategy to catch it!
- You will need a Pokemon under level 50 set in first position in your party, some Repels, and the Marking Map app on your Poketch. If you do not have the Marking Map app you can get it in the Poketch Headquarters in Jubilife City.
- Go to Valley Windworks and run between this location and Route 205 until you and Mesprit are on the same location according to the Marking Map Poketch app.
- As soon as this happens, use a Repel, save your game, and go into the tall grasses or surf in the water until Mesprit appears.
- At the very beginning of the battle, follow these steps according to the method you choose to catch it:
- Quick Ball Method: Immediately inflict a status ailment if possible. Follow the same method and encounter Mesprit as many times needed to lower its HP, even if it flees it will retain ailments and damage. Once Mesprit is weak, immediately use a Quick Ball in every encounter until you catch it.
- Master Ball Method: As soon as you find Mesprit, use the Master Ball.
- Mean Look Method: Use Mean Look on your first turn (note that your Pokemon will need to be faster than Mesprit, else it will flee before you can attack). Then, lower its HP as close as you can to one HP point and use status ailments like Paralysis and Sleep. Once this is done, spam Ultra Balls (or Dusk Balls if you are playing at night) until you catch it.
Now you should be the proud Pokemon Trainer of Mesprit!
Mesprit is the most elusive part of the Lake Guardians trio. If you are interested in catching the other two guardians, we are here to help you.
We recommend that you go for Uxie first. Here is the best strategy to catch Uxie in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Once you are done with Uxie, here is the best strategy to catch Azelf in BDSP.