Players can face the infamous Rancor in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor while exploring the mines for the Find Missing Prospectors Rumor quest.
This is an incredibly difficult boss fight, especially early on. Fortunately, this guide should help you deal with the Rancor’s toughest moves and see you finally slay it.
How to Find the Rancor in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Players will find the Rancor at the end of the Sooden Grotto mine in Koboh. It must be defeated as a part of the Find Missing Prospectors Rumor.
You will find the mine northwest of the Rambler’s Reach Outpost Meditation Point where the Prospector gives you the Find Missing Prospects Rumor.
Once you enter the mine, you’ll need to navigate its mostly linear structure. There are Gorgers, Bramliks, and Shiverpedes waiting to ambush you inside the mine, but they are easy enough to kill.
There is a Meditation Point right before the Rancor, so make sure to rest there before heading in. This will save it as a respawn point in case you die.
Of course, there are plenty of other activities to do in Koboh if the Rancor proves to be too difficult. You can always take on some bounties and meet a famous Star Wars character for doing so!
How to Defeat the Rancor Boss in the Mine
To defeat the Rancor in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, you should use the following tips:
- Use the Single or Dual Wield stances.
- Alternatively, you should use the Crossguard stance if you’ve unlocked it
- Do not attempt to block. The Rancor’s blockable attacks will drain your entire stamina bar leaving you vulnerable
- If you have already died to the Rancor, DO NOT pick up your dropped XP immediately. Wait until you’ve lost some health, and then collect it. It restores your health completely when recovered, thus acting as a free stim.
- Keep moving and avoid getting too close to the Rancor
- The Rancor can take about four hits before it retaliates. Make sure to move back earlier than you think to prevent damage.
- The Rancor has two unblockable attacks:
- Ground pound: This is an AOE attack where it raises its hands above its head before slamming them against the floor. It will send a shockwave that, if you’re hit with, will deal a lot of damage. Dodge out of its range or jump over it to avoid this attack
- Rushing Grab: This move will insta-kill you if it hits you. The Rancor will pull its left arm back before rushing towards you. Dodge out of the way to avoid it and then strike when it’s staggered.
- The Rancor’s basic attack will always be followed up by a second. So, make sure to dodge twice when it swipes at you.
- If you feel confident, try parrying the Rancor’s attacks. If you parry it enough times, you’ll deplete its block meter and stagger it temporarily.
- Upgrade Cal’s overall health to resist more damage
- There are bones you can throw at the Racor using your Force Pull and Push that will get stuck in its mouth. It only works once, but it will stagger it briefly, allowing you to get free hits in.
- Don’t forget to lock on!
Hopefully, with these tips, you should be able to take down the Rancor. However, this isn’t really a doable fight early on, and if you’re struggling, it’s okay to leave it and come back later.
What Reward Do You Get For Beating the Rancor Miniboss?
Your reward for defeating the Rancor miniboss in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is essence. When you interact with it, Cal will obtain the Shatter perk that increases his effectiveness at depleting enemy’s block meter.
You will find the reward behind where the Rancor originally spawns at the back of the cave. Additionally, you’ll need to go to a Meditation Point to equip the perk.