One of the most important milestones in Diablo 4 is unlocking World Tier 3, but to do that, players will first need to beat The Curator.
This skeletal grim reaper is the final wall that players need to clear before they reach Nightmare Difficulty, so expect a grueling battle that only players Level 50+ should attempt.
However, like all bosses in Diablo 4, there is a solid strategy for beating The Curator and even potions that will help boost your damage against it.
In this guide, we’ll break down the best approach for this Capstone Dungeon Boss and how to make this fight trivial when compared to Lilith.
The Curator Strategy & Tips
For the easiest strategy to beat The Curator in Diablo 4, players will need to use the Elixir of Undead-Slaying while tanking damage from its Homing Skulls to maximize the attack window and damage that players can do.
- Players will need to use an Elixir of the Undead-Slaying to maximize their damage and the XP they obtain. You can craft this at The Alchemist; the effects will last for 30 minutes after you use it.
- Players will deal 20% bonus damage against Skeletons with the Elixir of the Undead-Slaying.
- This will allow you to deal with the Skeletal Ballistas and other summons as soon as they appear.
- You’ll need at least two because of how long the dungeon is.
- To craft this you’ll need 15 Gallowvine, 4 Lifesbane, 10 Blightshade, 1 Angelbreath, and 3 Grave Dust. All of these items are easy to obtain by defeating enemies around Sanctaury.
- When the fight begins, The Curator will take a bit to launch its first attack, so start spamming attacks as soon as its health bar appears.
- Use your most powerful attacks as soon as you can. This will allow them to enter their cooldowns and be ready when The Curator does begin to attack.
- You need to take out Skeletal Ballistas as soon as they appear.
- These enemies do a lot of single-output damage, and one hit could leave you in a bad position while trying to beat The Curator.
- When you see skeletal enemies spawning from the ground, search for the Skeletal Ballista and take it out first. Usually, at least one will spawn with each wave.
- Avoid the Homing Skulls but keep an eye on The Curator.
- The Curator will launch dozens of Homing Skulls to attack you, but they don’t do much damage individually. Use your dodge and other movement skills to avoid them, but watch The Curator.
- During this time, The Curator will use these skulls as a distraction and use a much more powerful attack on your character.
- The Curator will use small persistent attacks to distract the player but don’t forget to keep an eye on its ground slam to avoid taking heavy damage.
- Seeing a green path below you means The Curator is about to unleash its ground slam. You want to avoid this attack because it is the most powerful skill in The Curator’s arsenal.
- It’s okay to tank a few of the smaller attacks if it means avoiding the more damaging skills.
Where to Find The Curator
Players can find The Curator boss battle in the Curator’s Chamber at the end of the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon in Kyovashad. This boss fight is only accessible after beating the game’s campaign and in World Tier 2.
Additionally, players must complete this boss to reach World Tier 3 (Nightmare Difficulty).
Progress through the dungeon as you normally would with any of the other dungeons in Diablo 4. You’ll need to complete a few objectives and clear out an area of enemies.
The path to The Curator will open up at the end of the Cathedral of Light after you complete the objectives.
It is quite long, so you’ll need at least 30-40 minutes to complete every step and reach the final area of the dungeon, The Curator’s Chamber.
If you leave the boss area or are killed by The Curator, you will not need to redo the dungeon, but The Curator will regain all of its health.