If you want to beat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO, you will need some very powerful Pokemon to counter the Shadow Pokemon that Sierra uses on her battle team.
Even if Sierra uses Shadow Sableye as her first Pokemon every time, both of her other Pokemon are random out of two sets of three possible options.
To make defeating Sierra easier, we have a list of all of the possible Shadow Pokemon that she can use, as well as all of the best Pokemon to counter them.
Every Pokemon Sierra Can Use in Pokemon GO
Shadow Sableye is always Team GO Rocket Sierra’s first Pokemon. Meanwhile, the second and third Pokemon are both randomly chosen from a selection of 3 different Pokemon.
These are all of the different Pokemon that Sierra could use:
- Pokemon 1
- Pokemon 2
- Pokemon 3
Best Counters to Defeat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra
Shadow Sableye Counters
The best counters to defeat Shadow Sableye when battling Sierra in Pokemon GO include Togekiss, Primarina, and Sylveon.
As Shadow Sableye’s only weakness is Fairy, you’ll want to ensure you can exploit this weakness to take it down!
Shadow Muk Counters
Some of the best Pokemon to counter Sierra’s Shadow Muk in Pokemon GO are Groudon, Mewtwo, and Excadrill.
This is because Shadow Muk is only weak to Ground and Psychic-type attacks.
Shadow Skarmory Counters
Xurkitree, Reshiram, and Darmanitan are some of the best counters to beat Sierra’s Shadow Skarmory in Pokemon GO, as they have strong attacks and exploit its weaknesses.
This is because Shadow Skarmory is only weak to Fire and Electric-type attacks.
Shadow Gardevoir Counters
Gengar, Nihilego, and Giratina are three of the best Pokemon to counter Shadow Gardevoir when battling Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO.
This is because Shadow Gardevoir is only weak to Ghost, Poison, and Steel-type attacks.
|Giratine (Origin Forme)
Shadow Houndoom Counters
The best counters to easily defeat Sierra’s Shadow Houndoom in Pokemon GO are Tyranitar, Terrakion, and Machamp.
Shadow Houndoom is weak to Fighting, Ground, Rock, and Water-type attacks, so you will want to use Pokemon of these types when fighting it.
Shadow Kingdra Counters
The best counters to use when battling Sierra’s Shadow Kingdra in Pokemon GO include Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Togekiss.
Shadow Kingdra is weak to Dragon and Fairy-type Pokemon.
Shadow Gyarados Counters
Xurkitree, Zekrom, and Electivire are some of the best Pokemon to counter Sierra’s Shadow Gyarados, thanks to its double weakness to Electric-type attacks.
Shadow Gyarados’ only other weakness is Rock.
Now that you know how to beat all of Sierra’s Shadow Pokemon, you might want to defeat Arlo or Cliff next:
Best Team to Use Against Sierra in Pokemon GO
The best team to use against Sierra in Pokemon GO is:
This battle team ensures that you can counter all of the Pokemon that Sierra can use other than Shadow Gardevoir. Although you may struggle against Shadow Gardevoir,this team gives you the best chance of winning.
If you don’t have these exact Pokemon, you can substitute any of them for another strong Pokemon of the same type. For instance, you could use Sylveon instead of Togekiss, or Excadrill instead of Groudon.
How to Beat Sierra in Pokemon GO
Here’s the best strategy to defeat Sierra in Pokemon GO:
- Put Togekiss (or substitute Fairy-type Pokemon) as your lead Pokemon
- This will let you beat Shadow Sableye and force Sierra to use up at least one shield
- Next, counter whichever Pokemon Sierra uses second and defeat it
- If she uses Shadow Muk, swap to Groudon (or Ground-type alternative)
- If she uses Shadow Skarmory, switch to Xurkitree (or Electric-type alternative)
- If she uses Shadow Gardevoir, there is no best counter. Use whichever Pokemon you want.
- Finally, defeat Sierra’s last Pokemon using your most effective counter
- If she uses Shadow Houndoom, switch to (or Ground-type alternative)
- If she uses Shadow Kingra, switch back to Togekiss (or substitute Fairy-type Pokemon)
- If she uses Shadow Gyarados , switch to Xurkitree (or Electric-type alternative)
When using this this team composition and strategy, you should be able to defeat Sierra by countering the Pokemon she battles you with!
How to Find Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO
To find Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO, you need to use a Rocket Radar and then spin a Team GO Rocket PokeStop or Balloon.
After using the Rocket Radar, Team GO Rocket Balloons and PokeStops may have Sierra at them, if you’re lucky.
- Get a Rocket Radar.
- To do this, beat 6 Team GO Rocket Grunts. Each Grunt will give you 1 Mysterious Component – 6 of these are needed to make a Rocket Radar.
- Use the Rocket Radar.
- Collecting 6 Mysterious Components prompts you to use the Rocket Radar. If you didn’t use it then, you can activate it from your Item Bag.
- Spin Team GO Rocket PokeStops or tap on Team GO Rocket Balloons while the Rocket Radar is active and check if Sierra spawns there. It could be Cliff or Arlo too!
- If you are specifically looking for Sierra and encounter one of the other leaders, you can exit and visit other PokeStops or Balloons until you find her.
Once you’ve defeated all of the Leaders and got a Super Rocket Radar, you’ll be able to take on the boss. Here’s how to beat Giovanni and catch Shadow Regigigas in Pokemon GO!
What Pokemon Do You Get for Beating Sierra in Pokemon GO?
After you beat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO, you always get an encounter with Shadow Sableye.
No matter what Team Leader you beat, you always get whichever Pokemon they have chosen to use first on their battle team.
Of course, this means that the Pokemon you get for beating Sierra will change after the next Team GO Rocket event.
Rewards for Beating Team Rocket Leader Sierra in Pokemon GO
In addition to an encounter with Shadow Sableye, players who beat Sierra will get 1000 Stardust and two random rewards.
- Shadow Sableye
- 1000 Stardust
- 2 of the following rewards:
- 4 Revives
- 2 Max Revives
- 4 Hyper Potions
- 2 Max Potions
- Unova Stone
- 12km Egg
Find out every Pokemon you can currently hatch from 12km Eggs – there are plenty of rare Pokemon available!