Hogwarts Legacy’s latest gameplay showcase has finally given us a deeper look into the UI and HUD that players will use to navigate through the wizarding world.
Game Director Adam Tew gave us an inside look at what the different icons in the Hogwarts Legacy HUD mean and how the player will use them.
Here’s everything you need to know!
Hogwarts Legacy UI & HUD Icons Explained
There are 8 different icons on the Hogwarts Legacy gameplay HUD that make navigating the wizarding world a breeze.
Here is what the Hogwarts Legacy HUD includes:
- Slottable Spell Menu – Includes slottable spells that can be used during gameplay.
- There are over 20 slottable spells that you can earn in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Players can place spells here to access them quickly in combat.
- You can see a list of all the confirmed spells here!
- Essential Spells – Spells that are used in specific moments in gameplay to advance the story or solve a puzzle.
- These spells are shown to the top left of the Slottable Spells to the Left of the D-Pad.
- Spell Grid – This grid allows you to change your slottable spells quickly.
- This can be seen to the top left of the Slottable Spells to the Right of the D-Pad.
- Health Bar – The amount a player has before being downed by enemies.
- Healing Potion – The amount of healing potions the player has to heal themselves with.
- Secret Icon – There was one more item right above the Health Bar, but Game Director Adam Tew said that would be revealed at a later date.
- Since it is near the Spells, it could be some power-up or a stamina bar for more powerful attacks!
- It could even be a bar for one of the three Unforgivable Curses.
- Tool Wheel – Magical tools that you can obtain throughout Hogwarts Legacy.
- Mini-Map – An overhead view of your current location and surrounding landmarks.
- This map will update as you discover new areas and explore Hogwarts or beyond.
This showcase also revealed how the Hogwarts Legacy Character Creator and Student Customization works!
Hogwarts Legacy Field Guide
The Field Guide is an overview of your Hogwarts Legacy character, and it holds any challenges that you may have unlocked while exploring.
It has 10 different categories that players can view, including:
- Current Level
- Owl Post
Players can use the Field Guide to look deeper into Hogwarts and learn more about the Wizarding World. It also contains challenges that help players learn more about their spells and the scope of their abilities.
As you explore, you’ll see Field Guide Pages that you can pick up and add to your collections.
These Field Guide Pages will contain important information and even some history about the areas you explore.
There are over 100 of them in the Hogwarts area alone! So there is plenty to explore. However, one thing that you may not be doing is chasing the elusive Golden Snitch in Quidditch.
As you progress through the story of Hogwart Legacy, you’ll unlock more challenges that your character can use to level up and gain new powers.
There are five different categories of challenges:
- Field Guide Pages
- Room of Requirement