To find the Ghost of Our Love treasure in Hogwarts Legacy, players must find the “Map with Floating Candles” on a grave in Hogsmeade and use Lumos near the Forbidden Forest Entrance just southwest of Hogsmeade at night.
The map will show a bridge leading to floating candles between the Forbidden Forest and Hogwarts. Although to complete the quest, you’ll need a bit of magic.
Here is how to complete the Ghost of Our Love quest in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Find Ghost of Our Love Map
- Go to the Entrance of the Forbidden Forest
- Solve Ghost of Our Love Puzzle
Here we have a full step by step guide below.
Find Ghost of Our Love Map
- The Ghost of Our Love map is located on a grave near the crypt where you meet the Headless Hunt in the northeastern area of Hogsmeade.
- Follow the location on the map below, and look for a small path that leads up to a crypt and two graves.
- The “Map with Floating Candles” is on the grave directly to the right of the crypt. Interact with it and it’ll reveal a stone bridge between the Forbidden Forest and Hogwarts.
- The clue also shows an arrow pointing to the front of the bridge with the image of the spell Lumos.
Go to the Entrance of the Forbidden Forest
- The location on the map is directly in front of the entrance to the Forbidden Forest.
- Use Floo Flame fast travel to the Forbidden Forest location.
- When you arrive, you should be facing a stone bridge. This is the bridge depicted on the map.
- To solve the puzzle, walk toward the stone bridge.
- If you are facing the Forbidden Forest, turn around. You’ll see Hogwarts in the distance. Walk towards it and turn right on the path. You’ll see the bridge right in front of you.
- A letter is on one of the pillars at the bridge’s entrance. The author of the map also wrote this letter.
- Once you’ve picked up the letter, turn around and face east.
Solve Ghost of Our Love Puzzle
- Cast Lumos.
- You’ll need to have this spell equipped into a spell slot to cast it.
- Once you cast Lumos, floating candles will appear in front of you.
- Follow the candles. They’ll take you into the Forbidden Forest through the main path.
- You’ll pass the wooden bridge and eventually reach a fork in the road. The candles will go left, and your destination won’t be much farther.
- Eventually, you’ll see the candles take a left to a place with more floating candles.
- The floating candles light up the picnic mentioned in the letter you found. Here you will find the treasure and complete the Ghost of Our Love treasure hunt for Hogwarts Legacy.
The Forbidden Forest is dangerous at night, so it’s best to stick to the path without straying too far from the floating candles. Also, ensure your gear slots are empty since having them full could negatively impact your gear rolls from chests.
Although, there are plenty of chests and even some Merlin Trials for any player who dares to explore.