Hogwarts Legacy players that are experiencing major PC performance issues need to tweak the following settings to boost their frame rate in-game:
- Window Mode: Windowed Fullscreen
- Upscale Type: NVIDIA DLSS (if supported by your GPU)
- Upscale Mode: NVIDIA DLSS Quality (if supported by your GPU)
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: On (if supported by your GPU)
- VSYNC: On
- Frame Rate: Uncapped. Could be worth setting to 60 if your PC is struggling to handle the game.
- Field of View: 0.0
- Motion Blur: Off
- Depth of Field: On
- Chromatic Aberration: On
- Film Grain: Off
First, make sure to select Run Benchmark, near the bottom of the Graphic Options settings. This will set Hogwarts Legacy to what the game thinks are the optimal settings for your PC.
However, we’d then adjust the following options manually to massively enhance your performance.
- Turn down all settings Ultra -> High or High -> Medium, to see how that impacts your PC’s performance.
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Ray Tracing Reflections: Off
- Ray Tracing Shadows: Off
- Ray Tracing Ambient Occlusion: Off
Don’t forget to follow our guide to updating your Graphics Driver on PC too! Hogwarts Legacy will soon be getting a new patch that it’ll be important to install if you want to keep the game running smoothly.
On top of that if you’re noticing input lag, especially when turning the camera, here’s how to get Hogwarts Legacy feeling smooth!