Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone are turning into an online ‘horror’ game with the Haunting of Verdansk.
After various teasers in recent weeks, a trailer officially reveals a new horror theme arriving on October 20th and ending November 3rd, 2020.
Various new weapons, characters, and in-game events are revealed. Leading to a whole new experience in online multiplayer and Battle Royale.
The prominent horror themes included are from the Saw and Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie universes. Here are the full details:
1. New Trick or Treat Reward System
Supply Boxes contain either frights or frighteningly good blueprints and personalization items.
These are specially marked in specific areas around Verdansk and include:
- Epic “Return to Dust” Assault Rifle blueprint
- “The Cleaver” Legendary Melee blueprint
- Holographic watch
- Charms, stickers, sprays, calling cards, and emblems.
Collect all 16 individual rewards to unlock the ultimate treat: the “Pumpkin Punisher” Legendary Assault Rifle blueprint, which comes pre-configured with attachments that make the weapon downright terrifying in Warzone.
2. Nighttime Battle Royale in Verdansk
This new variant allows you to play under the cover of night, with more haunting and frights.
3. New Zombies Royale Mode
Seemingly similar to what we’ve seen in Blackout before. “an undead twist on Battle Royale where dead Operators use unnatural powers to feast on the living in order to rejoin their ranks!”.
4. New Store Bundles
Players can purchase bundles based on SAW and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece. This is a special throwing knife that will drill into your enemies upon impact (with lots of blood).
- Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons (Assault Rifle and Shotgun)
- Cargo Truck Skin
- Tricycle Charm
- + 4 additional Saw themed items.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle:
- Leatherface skin for Velikan
- Family Heirloom LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw
- Secret Easter Egg
- “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side)
- SMG blueprint weapon
- Vehicle horn
- +5 additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items
5. New Skins + Brand New Blueprints
Dr. Karlov is available in the store, an infamous Verdansk urban legend that defines the regional Halloween folklore.
- Two high-voltage weapon blueprints
- An electric Throwing Knife
- A ‘Dr Karlov’ vehicle skin
- + More cosmetic items
The Ghost: Grim Reaper Bundle will also be available:
- Two soul-stealing blueprint weapons
- Plus other bundles
6. New JAK-12 Shotgun
This new shotgun can be unlocked either by completing a challenge or alternatively, the blueprint variant can be acquired by purchasing the “Lacedaemon” Store bundle.
- Fully automatic
- “Enough firepower to pulverize an entire enemy squad into head cheese”
- Fastest fire rate in its category
You can unlock attachments for the JAK-12 including:
- Explosive 8 Round FRAG-12 Mags that deliver explosive payloads without triggering Trophy Systems
- 32-Round Drum Mags (largest capacity in its class)
7. New Warzone Content
Selecting thermal optics and using the cold blooded perk will be particularly important in certain game modes in this period.
- Over a dozen rewards can be earned
- Experience battles against and alongside the undead
- Experience nighttime infiltrations in Verdansk (in select modes such as trios)
- Ventriloquist doll frequently appears on television sets tuned to defunct channels
- Poltergeist of a chainsaw-wielding killer can be seen and heard across the Krovnik Farmland
- Defunct tracks near the Train Station are still in use by a ghost train, a vessel filled with souls of those who lost their lives fighting in the Gulag…
More details will be updated as and when they become available.
That’s not all, watch the trailer below for even more teasers and details:
Haunting of Verdansk Trailer
All Warzone Players, don’t miss these: