Halo Infinite has a cheater and hacker problem, and creating a report against these offenders is far from an easy process on Xbox and PC.
343 Industries released Halo Infinite Multiplayer two months ago. Since it was released, many have praised the core gameplay elements of the title.
But, this praise has not been awarded without numerous complaints. One example is gamers recently complaining about the Weekly Ultimate Rewards that many consider terrible.
Aside from content concerns, Halo Infinite is facing a much more significant threat, cheaters and hackers. If you encounter a cheater on a Halo Infinite Multiplayer match on PC or Xbox, you can proceed to report it.
Unfortunately, this process is more complex than in other multiplayer games. But, we will guide you in every step so you can report that pesky cheater that ruined your killing spree.
Easiest Way To Create a Halo Infinite Cheater or Hacker Report on PC & Xbox Consoles
Reporting hackers and cheaters on Halo Infinite Multiplayer can be a hassle. Here are is the simplest way for you to create a report on both PC and Xbox consoles.
Before reporting a player for cheating, make sure you have all this information at hand as you will require it to complete this process:
- Gamertag of the player you are reporting
- Media proof regarding the incident (photo or video screencapture)
Report a Halo Infinite Multiplayer Hacker on PC
To report a Halo Infinite Multiplayer hacker or cheater, follow these steps:
- Go to the Halo Waypoint Support Site on your browser
- Click on “Sign in” on the upper right corner and log in with your Halo Infinite credentials
- Scroll down and select any of the Promoted Articles
- Once the article loads, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Submit a ticket,” this options right below the “Was this article helpful?” section
- On the “Please choose your issue below” field, select “Halo Safety – Report a Player”
- Fill the ticket form and make sure you attach media evidence, else your ticket will not be taken into account
- Once you have filled the form and attached media proof, click on Submit
Report a Halo Infinite Hacker from Xbox Series X | S or Xbox One
To report a cheater or hacker in Halo Infinite directly from your Xbox Series X | S or Xbox One console, but there is a caveat.
There is no way to do this directly from the Halo Infinite interface. Instead, the game will open a browser tab so you can file a ticket directly from Halo Waypoint’s site.
To create a Halo Infinite hacker or cheater report from your Xbox console, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Pause Menu by pressing the Menu button on your controller
- Open the Social menu by pressing the View button on your controller
- Select the player you want to report, this will open the Player Options menu
- Scroll down in this menu and select Report Player
- Confirm you want to open the browser when you get the prompt
- Once the browser opens, select “Halo Safety – Report a Player” on the “Please choose your issue below” field
- Fill the ticket form and select Submit
- Make sure you attach supporting media to your ticket as soon as possible, else it will not be taken into account
- You can upload media to your ticket by replying to your support ticket email with an attachment or by attaching it via the Halo Waypoint site on your mobile phone or PC
As you can see, this can be a cumbersome process. Halo Infinite hacker and cheater complaints started some time ago, with gamers stating matches were ending early due to hacks that crashed the game’s servers.
Due to the increment of these issues, gamers are demanding an easier way to report hackers on Halo Infinite.
Fortunately, it seems the developer might resolve this hacker problem soon. 343 Industries stated a cheating fix would be coming to Halo Infinite in February.
In addition to this fix, the development team also mentioned big changes are coming to Halo Infinite Store’s microtransactions.