Autobuild is one of the most useful Purah Pad abilities in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK.
Not only does it let you skip the often-frustrating building elements every time you want to get a vehicle up and running, but it’ll provide any missing materials – for a price!
Here’s how to unlock the powerful tool:
How to Get Autobuild in TOTK
To get the Autobuild ability in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK, you must find the Great Abandoned Central Mine in the Depths (directly below the Temple of Time Ruins) and interact with the Steward Construct.
This area is part of the A Mystery in the Depths questline but players can head straight to the location without completing the prior quests should they choose.
Great Abandoned Central Mine Location
If you want to head right to the Great Abandoned Central Mine, here are the coordinates you need to follow: (-0821, -1940, -0523).
You can most easily get there by dropping down into the Depths from the Great Plateau South Chasm and heading north.
However, we’d recommend following TOTK’s in-game guidance and getting Autobuild using the following method:
How to Get Autobuild:
To get Autobuild in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK, you should first complete the ‘Camera Work in the Depths’ quest to unlock the Camera for your Purah Pad.
Here’s a full walkthrough of how to get the Camera (and all other Purah Pad upgrades) in Zelda: TOTK.
You must then complete your first Temple in Zelda: TOTK to trigger Robbie and Josha to be ready to give you another side quest back at Lookout Landing. You’ll find these as part of the ‘Regional Phenomena’ questline.
After you’ve progressed sufficiently, here’s how to get Autobuild in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Head to Lookout Landing and talk to Josha (-0223, 0062, 0018).
- Josha will point out that statues in The Depths all seem to be looking in the same direction. She asks you to follow their gaze to discover an underground temple.
- Return to The Depths and follow each statue’s gaze until you get to the Great Abandoned Central Mine (-0821, -1940, -0523).
- Interact with the Green Zonai Circle to activate the Steward Construct.
- You’ll then be able to use Autobuild for the first time to repair a vehicle for the researchers.
- This will trigger a boss fight with Master Kohga of the Yiga Clan.
- To defeat Kohga you simply need to avoid his incoming vehicle charges and attack him in the back.
- Kohga is also vulnerable to arrow shots, however he will start blocking more and more of his body with barriers. He will always be vulnerable from behind.
- This will permanently unlock the Autobuild ability for your Purah Pad.
- Be sure to check out our guide on How to Use Autobuild in Zelda: TOTK to master your new ability and learn exactly how it works!
You’ve already unlocked the Autobuild in TOTK but we suggest at least following these steps before you go:
- Talk to the Steward Construct once more before you leave and you’ll receive the Schema Stone schematic for a Zonai Wing flying machine.
- You can build the flying machine to get to the next Lightroot if you wish, but once you’re ready, it’s time to return to Josha at Lookout Landing.
- Talk to Josha and then use the Schema Stone she gives you to repair Robbie’s Hot Air Balloon.
- This will lead into unlocking the Shrines of Light Sensor in Tears of the Kingdom – with more Purah Pad upgrades made available after that!