The arrival of Genshin Impact 2.7 will welcome two new characters, as well as many other features. One of them will be the already popular Yelan, who has the whole community extremely excited! This is the Best Yelan Build so far!
Yelan is a Hydro Bow character who will bring with herself a new chapter in the Archon Quest, in which she will play a very important part.
This was a rumor at first but it was then confirmed on the 2.7 Livestream on May 20.
The community is very happy about this since fans have been wondering for a long time what to do after they finish all the main quests in Genshin Impact.
Ever since Genshin Impact unveiled a trailer showing Yelan and Kuki Shinobu Gameplay, fans are extremely excited for her banner to be released!
Since we already have a release date for version 2.7, we can tell you everything about the best build for Yelan:
Yelan’s Abilities in Genshin Impact
This is everything you need to know about Yelan’s abilities:
Normal attacks: Stealthy Bowshot
- Perform up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG.
- While aiming, flowing water will accumulate on the arrowhead. Then, a fully charged torrential arrow will deal Hydro DMG.
- Yelan will enter a “Breakthrough” state after spending 5 seconds out of combat, which will cause her next Charged Aimed Shot to have 80% decreased charge time.
- Once charged, she can fire a “Breakthrough Barb” that will deal AoE Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon Impact.
Elemental Skill: Lingering Lifeline
- Fires off a Lifeline that tractors her in rapidly, entangling and marking opponents along its path.
- When her rapid movement ends, the Lifeline will explode, dealing Hydro DMG to the marked opponents based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- When you hold, she engages in a continuous, swift movement.
- During this time, Yelan can control her sprint direction and can end this quick movement by using this skill again.
- Additionally, each opponent marked by the Lifeline gives Yelan a 34% chance to reset her Breakthrough state after it explodes.
Elemental Burst: Depth-Clarion Dice
- Deals AoE Hydro DMG and creates an “Exquisite Throw” which helps her in battle.
Follows the character around and will initiate a coordinated attack under the following circumstances, dealing Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP:
- Can occur once every second when your active character uses a Normal Attack.
- Will occur each time Yelan’s Lifeline explodes and hits opponents.
- It lasts 15 seconds.
- The Burst has a cool-down of 18 seconds.
Yelan’s Passive Talents
- Adapt with Ease – if Exquisite Throw is on the field, the active character will deal 1% extra damage. This increases by 3.5% every second. The maximum DMG increase is 50%.
- Turn Control – When the party has 1/2/3/4 elemental types, Yelan’s health is increased by 6%, 12%, 18% and 30% respectively.
- Lengthy Consideration – Gets 25% more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours.
Read more: How to get Amenoma Kageuchi
- Enter the Plotters: Yelan’s elemental skill gains one additional charge.
- Taking All Comers: Each opponent marked by Yelan’s elemental skill will restore 7 energy for Yelan, up to a maximum of 21 energy.
- Winner Takes All: Yelan enters the Mastermind state after using her Elemental Burst. Yelan’s Normal Attacks become enhanced Breakthrough Barbs that deal 130% of a regular Breakthrough Barb’s damage as Charged Attack damage.
- Bait-and-Switch: Exquisite Throw coordinated attack DMG is increased by 30%.
- Dealer’s Sleight: Yelan’s Elemental Skill Level is increased +3. The Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Beware the Trickster’s Dice: Yelan’s Elemental Burst Level is increased +3. The Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Best Weapons for Yelan in Genshin Impact
We know that Yelan is a Bow Character, and we are almost certain that her very own weapon is a five-star bow called Aqua Simulacra.
This new weapon will most likely arrive in Genshin Impact along with Yelan’s Character Banner.
Aqua Simulacra is a Level 90 weapon that is set to increase damage by 16%, resulting in higher damage results from both Yelan’s Burst and Elemental Skill.
The Sacrificial Bow is another weapon that we recommend for Yelan.
This weapon is a great choice for Yelan, capitalising on the secondary elemental recharge stat for her burst, and focusing on Yelan’s Elemental Skill.
After damaging an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the weapon has a 40% chance to end the skill’s cool-down, which means she gets more charges.
We also recommend Elegy For The End, which is a 5-star Bow which you can acquire from Weapon Event Wishes.
This is also a great weapon for Yelan as it increases Elemental Mastery by 60.
When the Elemental Skills or Elemental Bursts of the character wielding this weapon hit opponents, that character gains a Sigil of Remembrance.
Finally, one of the best free-to-play options for Yelan is definitely Fading Twilight, a 4 star bow that will become available in 2.7 by completing certain challenges in the upcoming event “Realms of Guile and Wars”.
Best Artifacts for Yelan in Genshin Impact
The best artifact sets for Yelan are Emblem of Severed Fate, Noblesse Oblige or Heart of Depth, (all 4 piece sets).
Emblem of Severed Fate 4 piece set is great for Yelan since most of her damage output comes from her Elemental Burst.
This set increases Elemental Burst damage by 25% of Energy Recharge. You can obtain up to 75% bonus damage.
Noblesse Oblige 4 piece set increases all party members’ attack by 20% for 12 seconds after using an elemental burst, which makes it perfect for Yelan!
On the other hand, Heart of Depth 4 piece set provides a 30% damage boost for 15 seconds to normal and charged attacks after using an elemental skill.
You also get a Hydro damage bonus of 15%, which is perfect for dealing damage with Yelan’s abilities.
This is the best build for Yelan so far! Make sure you start collecting her ascension materials on time for her release!
I am sure you can’t wait for her character to be released in the new update! We believe she could earn a spot in our character tier list very soon!
If you enjoyed this build, make sure you check out our Best Ayaka Build! She is also a very strong character who you could pair with Yelan.
If you want to improve your chances of pulling for Yelan, you can get Free Primogems by redeeming free Promo Codes from this list!