Fortnitemares is continuing to spook Fortnite players, and the latest scary addition is a brand-new boss called Willow.
Originally a skin released in Chapter 2: Season 1, Willow has now made her way back as a terrifying, axe-wielding boss in Fortnitemares 2022.
Players will need every trick and tip in the book to defeat her and get through her encounter unscathed. Of course, she’s not the only part of Fortnitemares fans are terrified of.
There are new skins, bosses, weapons, and more to discover. So, make sure to check out everything you need to know about the 2022 Fortnitemares event.
Where to Find Willow in Fortnite
The Willow boss can be found in a wooden cabin West of the Reality Tree called Willow’s Haunt. Here is where to find the new boss:
- Head slightly West of the Reality Tree towards the edge of the Island where there are no trees
- Enter the cabin
- Willow will spawn and begin chasing you down
While Willow is a relatively easy boss – especially compared to the other challenging Fortnitemares boss, the Inkquisitor – you probably don’t want to barge into her house immediately.
Instead, try dropping at any of the best landing spots in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 first. This way you can collect some decent loot and stand a better chance of taking her out.
How to Defeat Willow in Fortnitemares
In order to defeat Willow, you’ll need to be quick on your feet, have a shotgun in hand, and follow these simple steps:
- Willow will rush at you with a large axe and won’t stop hunting you down. So, make sure to move around a lot and attempt to take down as much of her health from a distance as you can
- Having a shotgun handy is a really great idea as Willow moves incredibly fast and will close the distance between you practically instantly
- Make sure to find one of the new Pumpkin Launchers and use it against her straight away. This will get rid of a decent chunk of her health before the fight even begins
- Don’t linger inside the cabin for too long. Once she’s spotted you – which you’ll know by seeing an exclamation mark above her head (!) – run outside to give yourself enough room to move about
- There will be plenty of Jumpscare Zombies popping out at you when you first arrive at the cabin. Either kill them with your pickaxe or ignore them completely until Willow is dead
Of course, it goes without saying that if you’re not a fan of Build Mode, then you should make the most of the best weapons and items for Zero Build.
You should also check out the best weapons in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 for some general guidance on which weapons you should choose for taking out such a tricky boss.
What Loot Does Willow Drop?
Willow drops an assortment of Mythic, Epic, and Rare weapons and items, but nothing specific to her character.
Unfortunately, this means you won’t be able to use her deadly axe against your foes. However, you will likely get a decent gun and some healing items to help prepare you.
If the loot from Willow isn’t enough, then you should check out the new Ash Williams from The Evil Dead NPC to get yourself a powerful weapon.