Fortnite Zero Build offers players a vastly contrasting experience from the traditional Battle Royale mode, and as such, players need to approach it with different weapons.
Fortunately, we’ve broken down exactly which weapons you should be using in Fortnite Zero Build to give you the edge over other players.
Fortnite Zero Build Weapons Guide
Fortnite Zero Build Best Weapons
The best weapons to use in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Zero Build mode are the following:
- Highcard Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Twin Mag SMG
- Cobra DMR
- Heisted Accelerant Shotgun (Exotic)
They offer a good combination of close and long-range as well as fast and more accurate shooting. Use these weapons if you want easy wins and to melt your competition.
Of course, there are plenty of other excellent weapons available in Fortnite Zero Build. However, these are the weapons you should look for when you land.
The Best Long-Range Weapon in Fortnite Zero Build
The best long-range weapon in Fortnite Zero Build is the unvaulted Cobra DMR. It is effective from long and close ranges thanks to its medium-range scope that doesn’t obscure detail at close-range.
The Cobra DMR doesn’t have the fastest fire rate. However, its accuracy and mid-range scope allow for precise and deadly shots.
If you want something with more firepower in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2, you should check out the Heavy Sniper Rifle. It’s more effective at long range, so not very useful if your opponent gets in your face.
However, you’ll instantly kill your opponent if you land a headshot with the Heavy Sniper Rifle. Just be ready to switch to a shotgun or the Twin Mag SMG if you miss.
The Best Short-Range Weapon in Fortnite Zero Build
The best short-range weapon to use in Fortnite Zero Build is the Heisted Accelerant Shotgun (Exotic). You can unlock it through the lucrative Holo Chests or vending machines scattered across the island.
It is an Exotic version of the Maven Auto Shotgun that imbues the player with the Pepper effect, which increases its fire rate with every shot.
However, if you can’t get your hands on one, then you should definitely pick up the Havoc Pump Shotgun.
While it doesn’t have any special abilities, its overall speed and power make short work of any opponents who get too close.
The Best Melee Weapon in Fortnite Zero Build
The best melee weapon currently available in Fortnite Zero Build is the Lightsaber. While best used alongside the new Force Powers, it is brutally effective even on its own.
The Lightsaber is an event-specific weapon, though, so keep that in mind if you’re struggling to locate one.
Fortunately, Chapter 4 Season 2 also includes the Kinetic Blade, which, while not as impressive as the Lightsaber, comes with the added bonus of teleporting the player in the direction they strike.
It’s a great melee weapon and traversal method, and fortunately, very easy to find as well if you’re in the mood to use it.
The Best Overall Weapon in Fortnite Zero Build
The best overall weapon in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Zero Build is the Highcard Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle. It is the most versatile weapon in the game and is effective at long and short-range.
Its fast fire rate and large clip size also make it a powerful weapon in sudden firefights with other players. However, you’ll have to defeat the Highcard to get it.
Fortunately, the regular Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle is nearly as good, offering players the same level of versatility with just a slight decrease in damage.
Best Fortnite Zero Build Tips for Easy Wins
For easy wins in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Zero Build, follow these steps:
- Prioritize your shields and obtain at least one weapon of any rarity. Don’t worry about trying to get the best loot when you first land, just focus on obtaining basic defense as soon as possible.
- Try to have at least three weapons in your inventory. We recommend at least the Havoc Pump Shotgun, Cobra DMR, and the Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle.
- Make sure you drop in one of the best landing spots available. If you don’t feel confident about landing at popular locations, then try landing nearby and move in once everyone has left.
- Make sure to have a Med Mist and at least two Small Shield potions with you at all times. If you are in the midst of a heated battle, they’ll recover your health and shields the fastest.
- Use as much cover as you can while moving around the map. Additionally, try and maintain the high ground at all times, as it’ll give you a considerable advantage when spotting other players.
Of course, just surviving in Fortnite Zero Build isn’t enough. You’ll also need tips to help you win that beautiful Victory Royale.