The Upgrade Bench is a great way to get your hands on the most powerful weapons in Fortnite. With the right amount of Gold, you can take those Common weapons all the way to their Legendary versions.
However, knowing where exactly to find the benches can prove tricky. After all, they do not appear on your map.
Fear not, as this guide will show you every Upgrade Bench in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3 and where you can find them!
All Upgrade Bench Locations in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3
There are 14 upgrade benches scattered throughout the Island. Their locations can be seen on the map below.
Benches are most commonly found inside buildings and are always located at Gas Stations. As you get close to a bench, an arrow pointing up will appear, marking the exact location.
All 14 Bench Locations
- Gas Station north of Kenjustu Crossing
- At the Gas Station southwest in Mega City
- The barn in the northwest of Frenzy Fields
- In the Gas Station across the river north of Frenzy Fields
- On the northwest side of the racetrack North of Mega City
- In the Gas Station, north of the racetrack
- In the northwest part of Shattered Slabs, under the platform and in the cave
- In the Gas Station in the northwest of Slappy Shores
- In the mechanics building in the center of the Creeky Compound POI
- To the west of The Citadel, in the largest house
- In the Mayday Meadow landmark southwest of Shady Stilts
- In the southernmost house in Breakwater Bay
- At the Gas Station, in the small green patch to the north of the Island
- West of the Harbor at the north of the Island
What Are Upgrade Benches & How to Use in Fortnite
Upgrade Benches are an in-game feature that allows you to increase the level and damage of your weapon.
Using Gold, players can bump their guns from Common to Uncommon to Rare, etc. They are a great way to ensure you gain an edge over your opponents.
To upgrade your weapon in Fortnite, here is what you must do:
- Approach the Upgrade Bench with the weapon you wish to boost
- Press the Interact button
- PlayStation: Square
- Xbox: X
- PC: E
- A message will pop up asking you to exchange Gold for an upgrade; select this option.
How Many Gold Bars Do You Need to Upgrade Weapons in Fortnite?
The cost will be different depending on the rarity of the weapon you are currently holding. Here are the prices for each rarity:
- Common (gray) to Uncommon (green) – 200 bars.
- Uncommon (green) to Rare (blue) – 300 bars
- Rare (blue) to Epic (purple) – 400 bars
- Epic (purple) to Legendary (orange) -500 bars