Fortnite Siphon Augments are a mechanic that allows players to instantly heal or restore their shield by eliminating enemy players.
Currently, two Fortnite augments have the siphon ability. These augments include:
- Shotgun Striker
- Shotguns give a siphon on hits against players.
- Rarity Check
- You gain siphon on eliminations with common or uncommon weapons.
The Shotgun Striker might be the more favorable siphon augment of the two since it doesn’t restrict you to any rarity. It’s also pretty common to have at least one shotgun in your loadout towards the final few circles.
With Rarity Check, you’ll need a white or green rarity weapon to activate it. Since the best weapons are usually a purple rarity or higher, this can hinder the player.
Although, if you happen to have a green shotgun in your inventory, it could benefit you since even the low-rarity shotguns do a great deal of damage.
This can be a great combo if you find a Falcon Scout to help you spot enemies before they can see you.
How to Obtain Siphon Fortnite Augment
There is no way to gain this augment automatically. They are given to players at random. To equip it, players need to choose either the Shotgun Striker or Rarity Check Augment in-game.
To equip a Fortnite Augment, you must bring up the augment selection screen.
Here is how to equip an augment:
- Press right on the d-pad to bring up the augments menu.
- This is 7 on a Keyboard and Mouse.
- Use L2/LT to navigate between both options.
- You can use the Right Mouse Click to switch options on K + M.
- Once you’ve decided on an augment, press R2/RT to equip that augment.
- On K + M, this is the Left Mouse Click.
Players can equip a total of four augments per match. Around every 2 minutes and 30 seconds, players will receive an option to choose between two different augments. There are a total of 22 Fortnite augments.
This means you can encounter eight different augments in one match but only equip four. But not all of them are helpful. Knowing how each augments rank on the Fortnite Augment Tier List before making any decisions is helpful.