The popular Shockwave Hammer just received a nerf in the latest hotfix update in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1.
This is the first hotfix since the huge update that Fortnite had coming into Fortnite Chapter 4 that introduces various graphical improvements and a whole new island.
One of the new additions was the Shockwave Hammer, a weapon that’s great for damage and traversal.
Fortnite Hotfix Update Nerfs Shockwave Hammer
Fortnite’s latest hotfix nerfed the Shockwave Hammer’s recharge rate from 15 to 20 seconds. This means players must wait longer to use it between each charge. The Shockwave Hammer still has 4 charges for players to use, but now it’ll take longer for each one to come back after use.
The Shockwave Hammer was quickly growing in popularity due to its ability to help players create incredible eliminations.
This season, the fan-favorite weapon is one of the strongest tools in the game and one of the highest placed on the Fortnite Chapter 4 Weapon Tier List.
It also allowed players to increase their movement and reach new vantage points mid-fight. But the Shockwave Hammer was working better than Epic Games had intended.
This nerf will cause players to wait longer between charges to move around the map. Here is the Shockwave Hammer in action:
It’s clear that the weapon needed a nerf, and we think lengthening its cooldown time was a good option. That said, we’ll miss getting to use the Shockwave to bounce around the map constantly.
That wasn’t the only thing that changed in the hotfix, either.
Read More: Fortnite x Dead Space Release Date Leaked
All Fortnite Buffs & Nerfs
Here is a list of everything that was changed in the recent hotfix:
- Shockwave Hammer recharge: 15 -> 20 seconds
- Ex-Caliber’s Damage Reduced by 5
- Knight Chests Spawn Rate: 100% -> 70%
- POI capture time: 60 -> 45 seconds
- Light Ammo stacks drop amount: 18 -> 20
- Muster Pump Shotgun now equips & shoots faster
- Maven Auto Shotgun fires quicker and more accurate
- Tac Pistol accuracy and recoil improved
Shockwave Hammer Stats
- Damage: 75 (First Slam), 125 (Second Slam on Same Player)
- Attack Speed: 1.07
- Structure Damage: 400 (First Slam), 600 (Second Slam on Same Player)
- Shockwave: 3.9 Tile Radius
- Cooldown: 20 Seconds (Up from 15 Before Hotfix)
Hopefully, the new fix also means that we’ll stop experiencing major lag and stutter in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1!
Thankfully, there’s at least a new workaround to deal with Sprint not working in Fortnite recently.