If you’re looking to pull off a heist at the Relentless Retreat POI in Fortnite, you’ll need to know where to get the Retreat Vault Keycard.
Chapter 4 Season 4 is all about heisting, and Fortnite players have a number of locations that are hiding away top-tier loot.
But if you’re looking to rob the Relentless Retreat vault, you’ll need to get your hands on the Retreat Vault Keycard.
So where do you find the Retreat Keycard, and where on the Fortnite island is it used? We’ve got the answers:
Where to Find the Retreat Vault Keycard in Fortnite
Fortnite players can find the Retreat Vault Keycard by eliminating the guard dressed in white clothes, who is found in the lobby outside the Relentless Retreat vault door.
This guard will be the toughest enemy in the whole POI to eliminate, thanks to his shield and powerful weaponry.
However, once you eliminate him, he will drop both a gold Assault Rifle but also the Retreat Vault Keycard.
The guard will always be located in the room just before the laser grid, which is directly outside the Relentless Retreat vault.
You’ll need a free slot in your hotbar to pick up the Keycard, as it takes up one of your weapon slots.
Where to Use Retreat Keycard in Fortnite
The Retreat Keycard is used to unlock the Relentless Retreat vault, which is on the bottom floor of the POI’s basement level.
When holding the Keycard, you’ll see an on-screen indicator that directs you to the vault door. Once there, interact with the terminal while holding the Retreat Keycard to open the vault.
And once inside, you’ll find any two of the following eight Mythic weapons waiting to be claimed, alongside mountains of Gold, and several Rare Chests:
- Midas’ Drum Gun
- TNTina’s Ka-Boom Bow
- Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug
- Kit’s Charge Shotgun
- Kit’s Shockwave Launcher
- Zyg and Choppy’s Ray Gun
- The Foundation’s MK-Seven Assault Rifle
- Gunnar’s Stinger SMG
Be warned though, you can only take one of the Mythic weapons from its display case before the whole vault goes on full lockdown.
At this point, alarms will blare and guards will make their way to your position, so make sure you choose wisely and then make a speedy escape!
Relentless Retreat Vault Location & Heist Guide
- To find the Relentless Retreat vault, first you’ll need to land on the ground floor of the POI and head inside.
- Once inside, immediately head downstairs, grabbing a weapon along the way.
- In the basement there are a lot of AI guards waiting for you, so attempt to eliminate them from a distance if possible.
- You can opt to run past several enemies but they can easily follow and overwhelm you if you’re playing Solo.
- On the bottom floor of Relentless Retreat, you’ll find the white-clothed guard. Eliminate him to acquire the Retreat Keycard.
- By equipping the Retreat Keycard, you’ll get on-screen instructions directing you to the vault.
- Then, try to avoid the laser grid leading from the guarded lobby to the vault.
- If you trip a laser, it will cause a Security Gate to close ahead of you, which can be destroyed with your Harvesting Tool or weaponry.
- Use the Keycard at the terminal ahead to open the Relentless Retreat vault. The door will take a few seconds to open.
- Be sure to loot the vault thoroughly before taking a Mythic item from the display cases.
- Then, choose which of the two random Mythics you want most, and hold X/Square/Y/E to steal it.
- This will set off the lockdown alarm and guards will flood to your position.
- Then it’s time to make your escape!
- One handy trick to help you avoid incoming AI is to use the vents you’ll find on your right-hand side when you head back to the white guard room.
Be sure to make a hasty getaway, as it’s not just AI that will know you’re in the vault, but players will too!
We’re sure a few sneaky individuals will be waiting to let hard-working vault crackers bring the Mythic weapon right to them.