Fortnite Chapter 4 added a new Reality Augments feature that will change how you play forever!
The third season of the fourth chapter of Fortnite is finally here, and there is a bunch of new and exciting content added to the Battle Royale game!
One of the new inclusions in Chapter 4 Season 3 is introducing brand-new Reality Augments! Here is everything you need to know about the new perks.
What Are Reality Augments in Fortnite?
Reality Augments are perks that will give players special bonus abilities within the game. Each Augment special bonus lasts for the remainder of the Fortnite match.
There are a total of 20 different Reality Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3, including seven new ones.
In general, these Augments will make it much easier to get that Victory Royale by providing in-game boosts that you can choose!
It is worth noting all other players will also receive a random selection of Augments, so watch your back!
How to Activate an Augment in Fortnite
At different intervals in your Fortnite match, you can select one perk from a randomized choice of two! The longer you live, the more perks you collect!
To activate Augments, you will need to follow these steps:
- Press the right arrow on the D-Pad to open up the Augment menu. On the Keyboard and Mouse, you must press 7 to bring the menu up.
- Use L2/LT to navigate between both Augment options. Use the Right Mouse click to navigate on K+M
- Press R2/RT to activate the Augment you wish to select. Use the Left Mouse click to select on K+M
The Augment will be activated as soon as you select it!
If you don’t like the choice of perks you have been given, you can re-roll them at a chance of getting one you want to use!
Re-rolling the Augments for the first time in a game will be free, but if you want to re-roll again, it will cost you 100 gold bars!
To re-roll, you must hold □ on Playstation, X on XBOX, and E on PC!
These Augments will not carry over from match to match! You will have to select new Reality Augments in each game you play.
Every Reality Augment in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3
There are 20 Augments that you can receive in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3. Here is how each of them will work:
- Aquatic Warrior
- Enhance speed and restore Health and partial Shield while swimming, excluding when inside the Storm.
- Any enemies hit by a Marksman Rifle are briefly marked.
- Exotic Grab Bag
- Receive a random Heisted Exotic weapon
- First Assault
- The first bullet in Assault Rifle magazines deals more damage.
- It gives two Keys for opening Holo-Chests.
- Light Fingers
- Guns that use light ammo will reload faster.
- Medium Ammo Acquired (New)
- Instantly acquire medium ammo and continue to collect more when opening containers.
- Mythic Munition
- Grants Mythic Tactical Pistol
- Primal Companion (New)
- Obtain thermal vision and restore Health while mounted on animals.
- Rarity Check
- Siphon health upon eliminating a player using a common (grey) or uncommon (green) weapon.
- Reckless Rifle Reload (New)
- Assault Rifles reload faster when magazine is empty.
- Shell Slide (New)
- Gain Shotgun shells while sliding.
- Shotgun Striker
- Players will get +2 Shields or Health for every Shotgun shot that strikes an opponent.
- SMG Sign Off
- The final three bullets from the player’s SMG magazine will inflict additional damage.
- Soaring Sprints
- While sprinting, you will experience increased jump height and reduced gravity during jumps.
- Sprint Lines (New)
- Upon utilizing grind vines, grind rails, ziplines, or Ascenders, obtain a Slap effect.
- Steady Hands
- Marksman Rifles have less recoil.
- Swift Shotgun Reload (New)
- Shotguns reload faster.
- Wildwasp Weaponry (New)
- Obtain Wildwasp Jars initially and receive an extra jar with each elimination.
How To Unlock More Augments in Fortnite
You will unlock more Reality Augments simply by playing Battle Royale, Zero Build, or Team Rumble. The more you play, the more Augments you will unlock!
Once an Augment is unlocked, it will enter the random rotation of perks you can get!
It seems that Augments aren’t tied to levels, and they’ll simply unlock for players that are participating in the modes above after some time.
These Reality Augments are a big addition to Fortnite and will change how each Battle Royale match flows!