You get Bond Fragments by interacting with the majority of Fire Emblem Engage’s side content, such as talking with your units, fishing, training, and increasing your Donation Level.
You can then use these Bond Fragments, alongside completing other activities, such as polishing your Emblem Rings, to increase your Emblem Bond Level.
You’ll need to unlock every Emblem Ring in Fire Emblem Engage first to make the most of all the Bond Fragments you will collect.
There are seven ways to get Bond Fragments in Fire Emblem Engage. Each method gives you a varying amount of Bond Fragments, with some being limited to a certain amount each real-life day.
Here is every way you can get Bond Fragments in Fire Emblem Engage:
- Talk to your units after each battle – Unlocks 50 to 100 Fragments per unit depending on how well they did in the battle.
- You automatically get every Bond Fragment gained from battle if you leave the battle before talking to your units. However, you will miss out on the dialogue exchanges.
- Have your units end their turn on spaces with golden sparkles during battle – Unlocks 50 Fragments.
- Increase your Donation Level – Unlocks 500 to 3,000 Fragments depending on your level.
- Take part in the Wyvern Riding minigame – Unlocks a maximum of 200 Fragments a day.
- Fish – Unlocks a maximum of 300 Fragments a day.
- Train in the Somniel – Unlocks a maximum of 200 Fragments a day.
- Interact with Sommie at the Somniel – Unlocks 200 Fragments a day.
- Interact with gold sparkles around the Somniel – Unlocks 50 Fragments per sparkle.
- You have a small chance of getting Bond Fragments from these sparkles. You will also get materials, ingredients, and gifts needed to improve your relationships with your allies.
- Unlock achievements – Unlocks a different amount depending on the achievement.
How to Increase Bond Levels in Fire Emblem Engage
There are several ways to increase your Emblem’s Bond Level in Fire Emblem Engage, including fighting with your Emblems and polishing your Emblem Rings.
Here is every way to increase Bond Levels in Fire Emblem Engage:
- Using your Emblem Rings in battles.
- Polishing your Emblem Rings outside of combat.
- Talking to your Emblems.
- Training in the Arena with your Emblems.
By increasing your Emblem’s Bond Levels, you may finally be ready to tackle the tougher Skirmishes in Fire Emblem Engage and unlock incredible rewards.
Using your Emblem Ring in combat is the easiest method of increasing an Emblem’s Bond Level. Equip the Ring to a party member, and then actively use them in the battle to fight enemies.
You can polish your Emblem Rings by going to the Ring Chamber in the Somniel and interacting with each Ring. It doesn’t give a huge boost to your Emblem’s Boost Level, but it’s better than nothing.
Occasionally, you can increase your Bond Level by 1 with an Emblem with a yellow speech bubble by their name by simply having a conversation with them.
You can find Emblems wandering around the Somniel or access them by opening the main menu and selecting the Bond option.
The best way to increase your Bond Level is by training in the Somniel Arena with your Emblems. However, this costs Bond Fragments, with the cost increasing depending on the Emblem’s current Bond Level.
It costs the following amount of Bond Fragments each time you want to train with your Emblems:
- Bond Levels 2 – 5 – 100 Bond Fragments
- Bond Levels 6 – 10 – 300 Bond Fragments
- Bond Levels 11 – 20 – 500 Bond Fragments
What Are Bond Fragments Used For in Fire Emblem Engage?
Bond Fragments are used to create Bond Rings and Engrave Emblem weapons for a significant stat boost to that Emblem.
Perhaps most importantly, however, they are used to access the Training Arena in the Somniel, where you can train with an Emblem and significantly increase your Bond Level with them.
Of course, finding more Bond Fragments and using them to improve your Emblems will allow you to get SP in Fire Emblem Engage quickly and unlock some truly overpowered abilities.
How to Reach Max Emblem Bond Level in Fire Emblem Engage
To get an Emblem to its maximum Bond Level, it must first reach level 10. Once you’ve done that, you need to complete that Emblem’s Paralogue Mission when it becomes available.
To complete the Paralogue Mission, you must win their mock battle, after which their stats will increase, and their maximum Bond Level will increase to 20.
It is worth learning at what point each Paralogue Mission becomes available in Fire Emblem Engage so that you know exactly when you can max out an Emblem’s Bond Level.